Thread: Getting Scammed by Paypal

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Getting Scammed by Paypal

Hello,

I recently posted three World of Warcraft time codes on ebay. I found a buyer, mailed him the time codes, got signature confirmation, and thought all was good. However, I found out the other day that the buyer is claiming he never received the codes. He told Paypal and now Paypal is forcing me to pay $75 which I adamantly refuse to because I did send the codes. I did not get any special insurance that would give me protection but I do have a receipt proving someone signed for the package I sent. Some very rude woman called me the other day and told me if I did not pay within 30 days an outside collection agency would get me to pay. What can I do? What are my options? Am I fucked?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As always its best to contact paypal.

I've dealt many times with paypal regarding selling WoW stuff. If what you say is tru;, you sent the cards VIA mai,l had shipping confirmation and tracked that to their address and someone signed for them, then you should be fine. Paypal has a very good system against scammers and what not. As long as you shipped the cards to the buyers PayPal address and they were signed for and received at that address Id say you are 100% in the clear.

So get all of your documentation and present it to paypal.

As far as an outside agency... She's retarded.
    Last edited by ChedWick; 03-19-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

ChedWick is correct. As long as you shipped the physical time cards to him and you can prove it (It shouldn't be hard to prove), you're good.

If you meant 'mailed' as in e-mail, well, then you're fucked.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a somewhat similar situation with paypal a few years ago (2001) and I told them I wasn't paying them because this was all bullshit etc, they sent me to collections who called me a bunch of times, but they aren't going to be able to mess with your credit or anything. I think mine have given up, but I don't live at home anymore so who knows maybe they call my parents from time to time still. Hasn't caused me any problems, however at one point someone I was doing an online transaction with around 06-07 asked me about "Me scamming people on ebay" or something to that effect, to which I just explained the situation and everything was fine. I guess is what I am trying to say is that there must be some list or something somewhere that people can access via either name or email address or something that has to do with problem accounts with paypal/ebay (and maybe this last part is common knowledge and I'm behind on da times)

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You said you got signature confirmation? Thats enough, if someone signed for it, game over for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child