Thread: The Cutlerfuck in Denver

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Cutlerfuck in Denver

This situation seems to be getting blown way out of proportion.

Now apparently the Jets are interested in a trade, which could send Cutler to New York, make Chris Simms the starter in Denver, and likely result in Denver taking Mark Sanchez or trading up for Matt Stafford.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't think Denver has anything worth a higher draft pick. Everyone who has a pick higher than Denver needs it, and Denver doesn't really have anybody who they could afford to part with who is worth a damn. I don't really know exactly how this is going to play out, but I think in the end Cutler will end up in New York and Denver will end up screwed.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This makes me happy, I like Cutler but hate Denver and will finally be able to root for him.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um Mr E are you kidding Detroit is dying to get rid of their draft pick. Considering they already have Dallas' draft pick in the first round, Denver's would be great for them.

A first and second round pick or first and conditional pick next year would be perfect for Detroit. They have too many pieces to put together and none of the top choices is going to bring such an immediate impact to their team to justify the price tag.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I still don't think Detroit is as desperate as they are coming off, but I will admit that they could be. It looks like it is all off anyway because McDaniel said he's not going to trade Cutler no matter what. We'll see how long he keeps that story up, but that's the deal at the moment.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah remember when Jerry Jones wasn't going to cut Pacman.

And when he wasn't going to trade T.O.

And when Brett Favre wasn't going to retire.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well yeah but Jerry Jones and Brett Favre were established. He's been a head coach for less than two months and he already looks horrible, he can't also prove himself untrustworthy (at least not right away) or he'll lose the locker room for good.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also don't forget that Denver would presumably be receiving the Jets' first round pick, so it's possible they might trade that as well.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That is the most likely scenario for that trade, but there is the issue that Cutler is probably worth more than that, and I know the Jets aren't gonna sell their soul for a maybe when they could get lucky and catch a gem in the draft plus get some sure things to beef up their defense, and lord knows the Broncos won't take Kellen Clemmons, that dude sucks. (at least they shouldn't take him, because he sucks)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    That is the most likely scenario for that trade, but there is the issue that Cutler is probably worth more than that, and I know the Jets aren't gonna sell their soul for a maybe when they could get lucky and catch a gem in the draft plus get some sure things to beef up their defense, and lord knows the Broncos won't take Kellen Clemmons, that dude sucks. (at least they shouldn't take him, because he sucks)
    The fact is getting a "gem" in the draft is a crapshoot. At least with Cutler they know what they are getting and considering hes shown potential in the nfl to be a great QB I'd say hes worth it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And on top of that, Denver has a perfectly good backup with potential to be a franchise quarterback if not a tide over to their next franchise quarterback in Chris Simms.

I mean we quickly forget he brought life to a dead Tampa passing attack before a freak injury that is so barely football related it can't possibly effect in any way but mentally.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't think Chris Simms is the solution to Denver's quarterback problem. There's a reason he was sitting on the Titans bench behind Vince Young last year.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You mean like Vince Young's contract?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Denver just announced that Cutler is on the trading block.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yep, New York, New York. Of course, I would rather have him go to San Francisco, but he'll end up in New York

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Cutler and a 5th round pick for Kyle Orton, a first round pick this year and next, and a 3rd round pick

did not see that one coming
    Last edited by Mr. E; 04-02-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God the Bear's just won the NFC North.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Doubtful.

Bringing in a diva QB like Cutler doesn't solve all of their problems. They still need to pick up a decent receiver.

I think Denver made out like a bandit because they got two first-rounders, a third-rounder, AND Orton from the Bears...even though the Broncos said that no QB in return was necessary. The Bears got Cutler and a fifth-rounder.

Overall, Cutler went to a worse team for a price that a better team should have ponied up.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You are super underestimating Jay Cutler, Mike. Jay Cutler almost led a team with one name wide receiver and no defense whatsoever to the top of the division. Now he is moving to a team with one name wide receiver and a defense that, when relieved a bit by a little bit of offense, can be free to be monsters. Jay Cutler may be the best Chicago Bears quarterback of all time already.

Plus, he's not as much of a diva as he looks. A new coach came in and then tried to grab the quarterback from the team he left to replace Cutler. Logically, that has got to fuck up your confidence and morale. Cutler has had a tough few years to begin with with the whole surprise diabetes thing, and that on top of feeling like your coach doesn't think you are worth the job you've had for three years (two of which with the surprise diabetes), I think he was more than justified. Cutler is not a diva quarterback, he's just a quarterback who can only take so much shit. He's had a whole year now to get used to how his body actually works and is in line to be even better this year than he was last year (which, in spite of the win/loss record, was really fucking impressive).

Bears did just win the NFC North, because I mean who is going to beat them now? They almost won it last year wit a quarterback not half as good as Cutler.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can see your point...I don't know though. He wants big money, and until the Bears give it to him, he might be unhappy.

Chances are though, he will get his money.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Doubtful.

Bringing in a diva QB like Cutler doesn't solve all of their problems. They still need to pick up a decent receiver.

I think Denver made out like a bandit because they got two first-rounders, a third-rounder, AND Orton from the Bears...even though the Broncos said that no QB in return was necessary. The Bears got Cutler and a fifth-rounder.

Overall, Cutler went to a worse team for a price that a better team should have ponied up.
    The only piece of the Bears' puzzle missing was a quarterback. They already have the #3 running back in All Purpose Yards and therefore a quality blocking scheme. They have defense. They have special teams. They are figuring out how they can exploit both Devin Hester and Matt Forte in flex roles and the arm strength and quick release of Cutler is only going to help that.

The Bears have no immediate needs to address in the draft now, and they'll be able to draft best available or a WR in the second and fourth round and pick up a backup QB in the fifth.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, have I mentioned that the Bears have a Pro Bowl QB with a few years of experience who is used to playing in the cold and don't have to gamble on the growing pains of drafting yet another rookie QB?

I mean the Bears' pick next year is going to be in the 20s anyways.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, then...

I love monkeys.

That's the best counter-argument I have.

it's in the CD charter