Many of us here own at least basic automotive hand tools, while I am sure a few have more extensive tool collections. Hand tool boxes or the injection molded cases some tool sets come with are a great start, but those of us with more than a few tools need something to better organize things. The peg board is great for the home mechanic, while a rollaway chest offers better security and protection.

My toolbox is nothing special, and it has seen better days. I got it used in 1998 or so and have painted, welded, riveted, and done nearly everything that can be done to keep it in barely serviceable condition. The Clinton-era bumper stickers hold it together as well. It is an old friction slide Mac combo, with a Snap-On side cabinet and no-name screwdriver rack and side shelf. This and a Craftsman combo got the job done way back and now it soldiers on in the garage. I look at new ones every now and then with their fancy ball-bearings and fresh paint but have a feeling this will last another decade.

ugly!