Thread: Confused about my future

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Confused about my future

Right now I'm finishing my first year at college. I transferred from a school that I liked to a state school because of tuition costs (a 20k difference), and I absolutely hate all my classes and professors; I'm either going to come back next semester and hope that I just got unlucky this semester, transfer to another state school, go to community college (lol), take a year off and work a blue collar job and live at home. I mean you can tell that I have no clue what direction I want to go in. My heart just isn't in college right now, yeah it's an awesome social life and that's pretty much the only reason why I'm afraid to not go back because how am I going to meet people if I'm not at school?

I don't know what to do.

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't take a year off. It is a very easy transition back to slackerdom, but getting back into student life is a pain in the ass. If you are absolutely tired of the state school scene, go to community college, grab some easy courses and relax a bit that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    He came to the states for his birthday and now he's going home in a body bag. That's what you get for sending your child to Utah.
    Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    i would have whipped out my dick in that situation
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    News flash, guys can't get pregnant from vaginal sex either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmoscheer View Post
    But what is their policy on winning the hearts and minds through forcible vaginal entry?

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why don't you look at the resources available to you on campus? Half the reason you aren't fulfilled by your education, I'm willing to bet, is that you aren't utilizing its full potential. I'm sure there are plenty of other people on campus who have felt the same way as you, which means the school likely has someone available to talk to about it, whether its an academic advisor, counselor, or an actual psychiatric service (I know both of the schools I attended offered X number of counseling sessions per semester for students for free, and you were actually speaking to a shrink, not some grad student jerk off.)

Look into what's already available before you go trudging up the hill to find out the grass isn't any greener.

can't post; too scared Anonymous's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well here's the deal...I don't have enough credits to be a sophomore for the fall semester which really isn't a big deal. I know that my best course of action would be to return to school regardless of my status, but money is now going to be an issue since my dad won't be paying for my tuition because of what happened this semester.

So if I can't come back because of money I guess working full time throughout the summer and the 15 weeks after that, saving as much as I can, and applying for financial aid would be my best course of action?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you in goodstanding with your dad to live with him. Because if he is no longer paying tuition, I'd say go to community college, which is dirt fucking cheap, and work and save up for a university transfer. And if you apply for grants then those would probably cover the tuition.

The most useful classes are the upper division ones anyway and there are still good professors at community colleges and you can learn what you need to do.

You may be thinking "community college is for loser, etc" but its better than being in a shitload of debt.

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    and applying for financial aid would be my best course of action?
    Why weren't you doing this in the first place?

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." -Anne Frank

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” -Buddha

Identity

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalGrumpySpy View Post
    Why weren't you doing this in the first place?
    There are actually tons of reasons for that togs