Thread: They finally got some ammo at my Wal-Mart

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default They finally got some ammo at my Wal-Mart

As most of you know, ammo has been very hard to find, and when you do its expensive. I went to wally world today to get some stuff, and I passed by the ammo section to see if they got anything in, like I do every time I go. I saw the shelves were still pretty empty, but they had some .223 and .40 S&W. So I picked up 50 rounds of .40 and 40 of the .223. I might just have to hold on to it though. Who knows when ill be able to get more.

Right now I have a good amount of .223, but thats about it. I have maybe 300 rounds of it. I have a shitload of .30-06, but that will go fast once I get my Garand. I just need some 9mm, .45, and .22. Even .22 is sold out every where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

??? I haven't had any trouble finding ammo recently. All my local gun stores seem well-stocked. Are you talking only about non-gun-stores that sell ammo, like Wal-Mart and such? If you're having trouble finding anything, just buy online.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are you serious? its a kown thing that ammo is hard to find right now. Sure you can find it, but its more expensive than usual. And the place where I usually get mine online seems to always be out of anything except match grade .223 lately. :/

The Academy in the next town is always out of .22 and popular handgun rounds too.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh, I don't know what to tell you. I've bought ammo at all three of my regular gun stores recently, and they were all well-stocked. I know prices are up, but that's not the same thing as "hard to find". I'm sorry you've been having trouble. All I'm saying is that in my experience, ammo hasn't been hard to find recently. Maybe northern Virginia gun stores are unusually diligent about keeping their shelves stocked? I dunno.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe. All I know is thats its hard to find locally, and all the "assault rifle" calibers are usually out of stock or overpriced online.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was at the range the other day and we had about 100 full 5.56 mags and around 3,000 rounds of 9mm. I dont see a shortage.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have seen a shortage here in central Ohio, luckily the only ammo I buy is high end .22lr whichis plentiful at Champions Shooters Supply. I have noticed that primers have nearly doubled in price over the last year, almost $40 per 1000 and the pistol powders I use are hard to get, .30 caliber 165 grain rifle bullets are a bit scarce as well. I found some Unique at a show a couple of months ago and bought everything the guy had, seven lbs. The price was not bad at 17 per pound, there is just a shortage in the supply chain. And I had to settle for 165 grain Hornady V-max bullets rather than my usual Nosler Ballistic Tips. Since I only use 2.7 grains per loading I should have a couple of years worth of .38 special powder.
    Green is the new Red.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're interested in some more .223, $85 for 200 rounds appears to be a decent deal for these days. I don't shoot it so I'm not positive, but from what I hear that's a good price.

As for Wal-Mart, they've basically become my 7.62x39 supplier for non-steel-core rounds, which is all I can shoot at the range I usually patronize. They're pretty consistent with stock (for now) and have the best price I've found (again, non-steel-core) at $14.47/box. If Fleet Farm ever gets more American Eagle in stock I'll probably clean 'em out, being that they go for $9.50/box last I saw. Interesting that you mention .22, though -- that's one round I've never seen in short supply anywhere around here ("here" being Minnesota).