Thread: My ear

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My ear

I've got this feeling in my ear, it sounds like my heartbeat. It doesn't happen all the time but every so often it's there in little bursts. It doesn't hurt, it's just distracting and if it's a problem I want to get it sorted out before it gets any worse.

It's only one ear (the right) and it's sort of like a soft drum with the pace of my heart. Anyone got any ideas?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, relax.

When I get up too fast, my vision always goes black and I hear my heart beat in my ears.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ear issues are things that can really get out of hand in a hurry. Inner ear infections and swelling are not nice things to have for months hoping they'll 'go way' if you wait them out. If it turns in to something slightly uncomfortable see a doctor before it gets worse. For now it might just be stress related, are you getting enough sleep?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hippopotamus View Post
    Yeah, relax.

When I get up too fast, my vision always goes black and I hear my heart beat in my ears.
    It's not so much when I do stuff, I've been revising for exams I've got coming up and even just sitting reading through books and stuff it's happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
    ear issues are things that can really get out of hand in a hurry. Inner ear infections and swelling are not nice things to have for months hoping they'll 'go way' if you wait them out. If it turns in to something slightly uncomfortable see a doctor before it gets worse. For now it might just be stress related, are you getting enough sleep?
    I haven't been sleeping all that much, I could easily sleep for another 4 hours or so if i didn't get up (that's getting up at 10am). You really think stress could cause something like that?

It hasn't really been a problem today, haven't noticed it at least.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely.
    Stress can do all kinds of things to your body. It can lower the strength of the immune system letting all kinds of things in. Unusual and irregular sleeping patterns can mess with your metabolism and change the way your energy is processed. Sleep is something that you need to stay healthy. Stress is also something that seeds itself and most of the time you won't notice until you end up breaking out or experiencing a panic attack.

The situation you've described (your exams and how the issue comes up while you're doing related things) really sounds like a stress related issue to me, the anxiety is possibly causing spikes of blood pressure fluctuation. See how you go once you're on-top of your study situation, if it's all over and you're still experiencing the discomfort then I'm going to guess it's an internal problem that you will probably need some antiseptic drops and a little ibuprofen for.