Thread: severe mood changes

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry severe mood changes

hi. i think i have a problem. recently, i have been experiencing severe mood changes. i go from really happy and then my boyfriend will say one thing that shouldn't make me mad, but i get so angry. i argue intensely. i am smoking, which i told myself i would never ever do. i cry at dumb things. i don't get it. could it have anything to do with the fact that i have been on the pill for the last 3 months?

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-contr...ol-pill?page=3

Essentially what Hormonal Birth control is doing is trying to change the way your body either releases an egg or fertilizes it. You're changing your estrogen levels and of course this like testosterone can change your mood.

Listed on the link above "Mood Changes" are listed as a possible side-effect of birth control.

My advice, consult your doctor.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." -Anne Frank

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” -Buddha

Identity

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should probably talk to your doctor. Where did you get your birth control from? I used to get mine from Planned Parenthood and experienced similar problems because the dosage was too high for me so maybe you have a similar situation. I went to a doctor and got my birth control changes and my mood swing are much less severe, but still existant.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone say bi-polar?

Talk to your doctor about it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can guarantee it's the birth control. I have heard multiple girls tell me how crazy it made them. In the meantime try smoking some weed.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Weed isn't exactly the best choice for people in psychological distress.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She is on birth control and is having mood swings and getting angry at things she shouldn't be. The only reason not to try it (out of fear of something bad happening, if she just doesn't want to that's fine) would be having paranoia problems and it doesn't seem like that is the case. It helped people I know and helps people who actually have bi-polar disorder, depression and a whole slew of mental problems. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Killuminati are you a doctor? Really? What a surprise! Stop recommending weed as the answer to everything.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my green and even I'd suggest against smoking to help with psychological problems.

But maybe in this case, it would help as it does sound like she just needs to chill out.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    Killuminati are you a doctor? Really? What a surprise! Stop recommending weed as the answer to everything.
    When have I recommended weed before? I have been an advocate for it and will continue to be but I don't think I have ever recommended it as a possible medical use before.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And you act like i'm just saying it to say it. I'm suggesting it because a LOT of people had it help them you fucker.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You know how you develop a psychological dependency on weed? Using it to 'solve' psychological problems.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then what do you have to say about all the prescription pills being used to 'solve' psychological problems.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The only negative to being dependent on weed is the issue of legality and also the expense (as well as the tar but there are ways around that). Prescribed prescription drugs have neither of those negatives.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Killuminatti may be right, he may also be wrong. I also know quite a few people who have seen great benefits to their psychological health when using marijuana to medicate it. And keep in mind that for many, the legality and price may not be an issue when compared with the fact that it may indeed help more than prescriptions. Also, it isn't fair to list the negative side effects of marijuana and not list the side effects of prescription pills, many of which have quite a few nasty effects. Obviously marijuana is not the answer to everything, but it is also a plant with medicinal properties, and people need to quit assuming that when someone recommends it that they are just doing so because they are "stoners".

Just my 2 cents.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I wouldn't call legality and price side effects so much as negative externalities, but I'm not implying I think Killuminati is suggesting weed just because he is a stoner. I have nothing against weed, I just know from both my weed use and my psychological problems in the past that weed is a risky place to look for a solution.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

guys i am experiencing wild mood swings due to medication

oh i have a great idea, why don't you self-medicate

oh that is fantastic let me suck your dick

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I wouldn't call legality and price side effects so much as negative externalities, but I'm not implying I think Killuminati is suggesting weed just because he is a stoner. I have nothing against weed, I just know from both my weed use and my psychological problems in the past that weed is a risky place to look for a solution.
    And I agree with you, for myself. But as I said, I know others who have been greatly helped by it. From what I've seen, there is no majority. It helps some, and others it doesn't. I've known people who were bipolar who were helped by marijuana, as well as schizophrenics, and many others with less severe circumstances. There is absolutely no harm in trying it first, before getting a prescription that may indeed become addictive. It's just another option and it deserves to be said.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't know about weed being used for schizophrenia. Schizophrenics generally can't function in society and there also aren't a whole lot of them. If they were self-diagnosed they probably weren't schizophrenics. Also, I don't really see how weed could help such problems as loss of coherency of thought and speech.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marijuana has a really sketchy reputation when linked to diagnosed schizophrenia.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know about weed being used for schizophrenia. Schizophrenics generally can't function in society and there also aren't a whole lot of them. If they were self-diagnosed they probably weren't schizophrenics. Also, I don't really see how weed could help such problems as loss of coherency of thought and speech.
    I can tell you for sure that this was a medical professional's diagnosis, although it was pretty mild schizophrenia. I can guarantee that marijuana used medicinally helped this person, as I know them personally.

Edit: And like I said, it's not a panacea, but it does help people sometimes. It is a viable option and deserves to be said. If it doesn't help then obviously the self medicating should stop, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

weed actually makes schizophrenia worse.

a wheel within a wheel never ending nor beginning on an ever spinning reel
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, you can't call it anything other than correlative (i.e. people who smoke weed are more likely to have schizophrenia than the general population). You can see that and say "Marijuana causes/ is a factor in the development of Schizophrenia", but it's equally viable to say "Schizophrenics often self-medicate with marijuana".
    Don't get me wrong, I come down on the side of "Marijuana is probably not the best thing to be using to ease the effects of mental illness, unless encouraged and observed by a medical professional", but I don't like coarse inferences.

OP: Consult a medical practitioner.