Thread: Mich. men charged with burning buttocks of boy, 6

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mich. men charged with burning buttocks of boy, 6

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Two brothers in Michigan accused of burning a 6-year-old boy's buttocks with a blowtorch have been charged with first-degree child abuse.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...WhN5wD97OITI00

Fucking weird people.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh fantastic more great PR for Michigan. Now everyone thinks we live in small hunting cabins in the woods where we rape small children and burn them while grunting and drinking deer piss. Oh wait, in the UP that's not far off. Too bad this happened in Clare not too far from me. Michigan sucks.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    Oh fantastic more great PR for Michigan. Now everyone thinks we live in small hunting cabins in the woods where we rape small children and burn them while grunting and drinking deer piss. Oh wait, in the UP that's not far off. Too bad this happened in Clare not too far from me. Michigan sucks.
    you forgot the stockpiles of supplies, ammo, and small arms in preparation for fighting back incursions by the federal government when they "threaten your freedoms."

because the federal government really cares about controlling a few scattered economically unproductive people way out in the boondocks.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    you forgot the stockpiles of supplies, ammo, and small arms in preparation for fighting back incursions by the federal government when they "threaten your freedoms."
    Actually for those of you who didn't know, Michigan is a blue state. Thank god for all the poor people in Detroit.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    Actually for those of you who didn't know, Michigan is a blue state. Thank god for all the poor people in Detroit.
    yes, well the presence of a blue majority doesn't mean that you don't have paramilitary kooks: paramilitary kooks.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, it's not something I can change. I went to grade school with kids who drove tractors to school and had rebel flags on the rear window. But it was still the best school in the greater Lansing area. Everywhere else was fucking ghetto. I mean we'd go to swim meets at one of the schools and there were bars on all the windows and steel grates on the doors. I'd rather go to school with a bunch of rednecks rather than gangbanger wannabes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went to high school with a bunch of rednecks with rebel flags on their rear windows

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i went to school near a bunch of rednecks with confederate flags

also, one of our neighbors at one time knew what woodchuck tastes like

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

And what's wrong with the confederate flag? How dare someone have regional pride. I mean, in the UK I bet people from Scotland don't get pissed off if they see someone from England with a St. George Cross instead of a Union Jack.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    And what's wrong with the confederate flag? How dare someone have regional pride. I mean, in the UK I bet people from Scotland don't get pissed off if they see someone from England with a St. George Cross instead of a Union Jack.
    Here it mean you're a "good ol' boy", and it is only sported by rednecks and racists. Maybe down south it still holds true to what it used to mean, which was southern pride. But up in Michigan, you can guarantee that the guy with the stars and bars tattoo is either a racist or a redneck to the core. And I don't wanna hear any crap about how its about having pride in something your ancestors fought for because I have ancestors that fought on both sides of that war. I mean, my family is originally from Tennessee by way of North Carolina. I'm just pointing out that the confederate flag has negative connotation here, and the guys I went to high school with who sported it weren't just displaying southern pride.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Oh ok.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a Southern black (appearing) person, do you have a confederate flag on your vehicle?

Would you get strange looks for it? Would the white people that sport such flags congratulate you for your regional pride?

Yeah, I don't think so. The core of the reason why the South seceded was because they were scared they were going to lose their slaves, and whenever the Confederate flag is displayed, this idea of racial subjugation is always behind it whether or not it is closer to the surface.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes, always, because you know everyone who has ever proudly displayed a confederate flag.

I have been congratulated for my regional pride. I was actually klan approved at one point before I pissed them off (I don't know if you were around when I told that story). And I do display a confederate flag, yes.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, always, because you know everyone who has ever proudly displayed a confederate flag.
    Admittedly, I was exaggerating a little, though not too much. I don't necessarily mean that the people have racial hatred at the forefront of their minds, but how can you laud succession from the North without racial overtones?

How about Germans displaying Nazi flags and then claiming that it's merely "heritage, not hate"? That was a great time of national pride as well, though the hatred against the Jews and gypsies were merely incidental and not at the center of it.

I was actually klan approved at one point before I pissed them off (I don't know if you were around when I told that story). And I do display a confederate flag, yes.
    So the fact that you were a "klan-approved" blacky supports your claim? The KKK is just "heritage not hate" too? Yeah right...

I still will never understand this "heritage not hate" BS, since the Civil War was a travesty, and again the South was fighting for nothing more than retaining slaves for their slave-based economy and culture.

And MD is a border state, so I'm not completely certain how to interpret confederate flags when I see them on trucks. However, at least in Western MD, we still do have a lot of references to the Civil War, such as businesses named "Grey and Blue" and the like.
    Last edited by sycld; 04-25-2009 at 03:36 PM.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No, I was just giving you information on regarding your question on the response I receive for my views. But just because you don't understand "heritage, not hate" doesn't mean that it is invalid. And while the Civil War was about slavery, it wasn't about whether slavery was right or wrong. It was about states' rights. Lincoln just freed the slaves to piss the South off, he had no initial intent to.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't worry Mr.E, I respect you, if slavery is reinstated at any point in time, I'll put a hefty down payment of 5 dollars on you.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Are you kidding? I'm a monster, I'm totally worth at least $7.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth.

No, I was just giving you information on regarding your question on the response I receive for my views.
    So the response you received for your views was that the Ku Klux Klan thought you were a good little blacky.

Okay...

But just because you don't understand "heritage, not hate" doesn't mean that it is invalid. And while the Civil War was about slavery, it wasn't about whether slavery was right or wrong. It was about states' rights. Lincoln just freed the slaves to piss the South off, he had no initial intent to.
    Yes, you're right: just because I don't understand something it's not valid.

That said, on the other hand, the South's argument about states' rights wasn't just an abstraction, and it wasn't about a host of federal legislation, rulings, and executive actions either. It was about one issue, namely the ownership of slaves.

Also, I'm just curious: when do you think Lincoln first expressed opinions against slavery? And why was Lincoln's election to the presidency the last straw that finally caused the South to secede?

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I know that he was anti-slavery, but he didn't intend on freeing them either, at least not in the beginning. Also, I don't recall his election being the last straw that made the south succeed.

A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

guys remember paulyt is from australia and remember when everyone posted a dozen australian incest stories and stories about fathers imprisoning their daughters so they could rape them that happened in australia? remember? australia.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein