Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Guy this season

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Family Guy this season

I still watch the show but the newer episodes (since the one where Joe's wife has the baby) have been awful. It seems like they're not even trying anymore. If they had done an episode lampooning Fox News earlier on, it would have been clever. And they already did an episode where Peter was effeminate, and it was much funnier. On top of all that, it seems like they just come up with one dumb central idea (Fox News, Peter is gay, OJ Simpson, weed) and throw manatee jokes in instead of coming up with a story that's funny.

am i the only one

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I stopped liking Family Guy after about the 4th or 5th season. The stories stopped being very interesting and the flashbacks that were funny at one time have become predictable and not funny.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blue Harvest was the last really funny episode and even that seems lame when you've watched it twice.

It's a show which only has so many legs to stand on before it falls over.

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They lost my support when they started bashing Fox News, the Family Gay episode and the weed episode just completely killed it for me.

New Aqua Teen episodes on the other hand, are some of the best that I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

U mad brah?

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm furious. Really I just think that Family Guy has seen it's glory days, although I didn't always agree with the views that they were pushing, they almost always did it in a funny way. Now I don't agree with some of the views that they're pushing and not laughing much either.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the first box set they released on DVD and its the only one I like, besides Blue Harvest.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    I'm furious. Really I just think that Family Guy has seen it's glory days, although I didn't always agree with the views that they were pushing, they almost always did it in a funny way. Now I don't agree with some of the views that they're pushing and not laughing much either.
    Freedom of speech brah, don't watch liberal shows.

P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Freedom of speech brah, don't watch liberal shows.

P.S.
    It's not that it's a liberal show, I mean it always has been and I used to love it. Like I said they've been pushing the same opinions for years now, and it's always been funny up until these last two seasons. Also, let's face it if I stopped watching liberal shows I would be missing out on a shit ton of great television because conservatives don't make good shows.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about Bill O'Reilly, that show is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I generally don't watch too many opinion based news shows from either side. I enjoy watching Glenn Beck from time to time but if I watched stuff like O'Reilly and/or Hannity then I wouldn't be any better than the jerks that I rag on who watch Jon Stewart and/or Colbert. I mean everyone has an opinion I just want the news when I'm watching a news network.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert aren't actually news programs, they're satires. There's a conservative myth that people are "getting their news" from comedy central in this way but it's completely not true. For starters, you need to be fairly up to date with current affairs to actually get the jokes. They certainly aren't "pseudo-intellectuals, telling the public how to think" like Fox News and others seem to think they are (ironic because that's exactly what O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity etc. do).

The whole 'lets constantly mock Fox News as much as possible' trend in TV is getting a bit old these days but maybe if they didn't make it so god-damn easy then they wouldn't have such a problem.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Well Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert aren't actually news programs, they're satires. There's a conservative myth that people are "getting their news" from comedy central in this way but it's completely not true. For starters, you need to be fairly up to date with current affairs to actually get the jokes. They certainly aren't "pseudo-intellectuals, telling the public how to think" like Fox News and others seem to think they are (ironic because that's exactly what O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity etc. do).
    Wait you mean that O'Reilly and Hannity aren't satires? Hmm....Really though it's amazing how many people I know that rely on Stewart/Colbert for their news. Of course this is also Alabama and most people aren't exactly up to date on things. Also, come on Stewart/Colbert aren't pseudo-intellectuals telling the public how to think? I beg to differ, they're both just as bad as anything that Fox news provides only in the other direction.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with that last part in regards to Colbert (who's only funny section is 'The Word') but Jon Stewart is a very intelligent and very funny individual and has been for many many years. You can't do what he does for as long as he's been doing it and not know what you're talking about.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Can't we just say that all of the media is bad and stop arguing? IMHO I think the news should be a sequential list of facts with no discussion whatsoever.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They didn't even mock Fox News. All they did was call it "evil" and "conservative." It could have been so much more clever.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jesus Christ, wolford, Stewart does not tell you what to think. His raison d'etre is to point out the absurdities of politics and media. Colbert is not quite the same, because he's lampooning a specifically conservative phenomenon so it's a little more pointed.

I get some of my news from Stewart, but not very much (because I never watch it these days due to not having cable) and I still get it from other places. Neither The Daily Show nor the Colbert Report are anywhere near as your O'Reillys or whoever because of the simple fact that they don't veil their shows in seriousness, righteousness or opinion (except Colbert, but only sarcasically). Their shows don't tell you what to think. Their shows show you what you should be laughing at. Their shows are comedy.

Your ideas about Stewart and Colbert are obviously dictated either by ignorance or by political bias.

O'Reilly is not satire. I can't even imagine how you could say otherwise.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    Jesus Christ, wolford, Stewart does not tell you what to think. His raison d'etre is to point out the absurdities of politics and media. Colbert is not quite the same, because he's lampooning a specifically conservative phenomenon so it's a little more pointed.

I get some of my news from Stewart, but not very much (because I never watch it these days due to not having cable) and I still get it from other places. Neither The Daily Show nor the Colbert Report are anywhere near as your O'Reillys or whoever because of the simple fact that they don't veil their shows in seriousness, righteousness or opinion (except Colbert, but only sarcasically). Their shows don't tell you what to think. Their shows show you what you should be laughing at. Their shows are comedy.

Your ideas about Stewart and Colbert are obviously dictated either by ignorance or by political bias.

gwahir I think you just missed the point of what I was saying. All of it.

That's probably my fault for forgetting the internet/sarcasm clause though. Actually I think that Mister Evolved got it pretty spot on.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You were being sarcastic where exactly? Anyway, not everyone thinks that all the media is crap.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You were being sarcastic where exactly? Anyway, not everyone thinks that all the media is crap.
    ^^^^
    Up there. Also I don't think that all media is crap, I watch a wide variety of shows pretty enthusiastically.

(Well honestly there was more joking/mild trolling going on than sarcasm but there is sarcasm there as well.)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O'Reilly is comical in the sense that he doesn't try to be, he is just ultimately judged as a joke. However, back on topic, the Family Guy last night was actually funny. Stewie finally had a role in an episode that wasn't constantly gay joke after gay joke.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I missed the new episode, as well as the new Aqua Teen last night, but I'll probably watch them later today. I'm intrigued now because I take Infected7's television critique very seriously. (vry srs)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infected7 View Post
    Stewie finally had a role in an episode that wasn't constantly gay joke after gay joke.
    Yeah at this point in the show I stopped caring about it. Stewie was my favorite character and they essentially ruined him for me by using him for gay jokes.

a wheel within a wheel never ending nor beginning on an ever spinning reel
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I partially agree, but Colbert and Stewart have to be laughing from a particular stance, because that's how humour works; therefore, their particular political paradigm has to have an influence on the nature and implied content and context of their jokes. Sure, you can say that they don't present their show without some degree of self-awareness and tongue-in-cheek, but unless you believe a liberal stance is objective, of course there is opinion implicit in the way that what they say is funny, and it's understandable that this could be considered problematic if taken too seriously/ if it is assumed that their jokes have a degree of universality to them, and are not a product of their specific comedic positions.
    I'd like to see the sort of news program Mr.E described; I don't understand why it is that there wouldn't be an audience for that (as one must assume given it's absence).

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just like to pop in and say that I never thought Family Guy was funny

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah family guy was better when it was on adult swim and only the internet liked it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, let's face it if I stopped watching liberal shows I would be missing out on a shit ton of great television because conservatives don't make good shows.
    700 club brah

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post
    700 club brah
    Ok you got me on that one.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Blue Harvest was the last really funny episode and even that seems lame when you've watched it twice.

It's a show which only has so many legs to stand on before it falls over.
    I didn't like that one. It just seemed like they took the trite idea of parodying Star Wars and tried to cram as many lame jokes as they possibly could. The pedophile guy was an awesome character but come on

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've still enjoyed them. I think it's a long road until family guy goes the way of the simpsons.
    He came to the states for his birthday and now he's going home in a body bag. That's what you get for sending your child to Utah.
    Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    i would have whipped out my dick in that situation
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    News flash, guys can't get pregnant from vaginal sex either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmoscheer View Post
    But what is their policy on winning the hearts and minds through forcible vaginal entry?

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Simpsons still has good episodes from time to time. In fact, most of the episodes since they went HD have been good. I was surprised, as I had written it off years ago.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still watch Family Guy, as I've stuck with it since it first aired during the Super Bowl.

However, lately, I think they're just running out of ideas. They're just pushing the envelope too much and really reaching with their cutaway jokes. (although "here's a list of celebrities i don't like" brought the lolz)

Also, we get it already, Seth McFarlane. You're a liberal. We're all very proud of you. Sheesh. It's getting to be a tad too much.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I watched the 420 episode expecting some lulz and was terribly disappointed. Still waiting for a funny episode from this season.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

inorite?

I mean as big a liberal pinko-commie-long-hair as you can get and even I find it obnoxious.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look, to make a new Family Guy episode all you need are a few of the same voice actors, some gay Stewie jokes, a broad storyline, and Peter with his eyes half open all the time being a smug bitch.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jack burden View Post
    Look, to make a new Family Guy episode all you need are a few of the same voice actors, some gay Stewie jokes, a broad storyline, and Peter with his eyes half open all the time being a smug bitch.
    You forgot 80s pop culture references

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The weed one was alright. But these fucking sing-alongs piss me off. How many new episodes just stopped and people started singing? gay

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
    The weed one was alright. But these fucking sing-alongs piss me off. How many new episodes just stopped and people started singing? gay
    I agree with you other than the ones that feature Conway Twitty.

cowabunga
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

man this is a pretty cool fad lets all call family guy gay

hehe

the common sense fairy solecistic's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I still like Family Guy.

I didn't like the "Three Kings" episode because it was like somebody called that shit in, but apart from that...it's still funny to me.