Thread: I need a new screensaver...

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I need a new screensaver...

Okay, I know screensavers are bullshit nowadays, but I really like some of the ones I can find. I've recently been entranced by Nvidia's Geoforms, but that tends to crash my system from time to time. I was wondering if anyone knew of any really nice, professional screensavers out there, preferably free. No 3d aquarium bullshit, but something that really pushes the envelope. Geoforms for example is heavy on the graphics but very freeform and flowing. Anything that really makes the GPU / CPU work is something to ponder. Maybe even something comparable to SETI.
    Raidmax Smilodon - ASUS M2N-E - AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.6Ghz - EVGA GTX260 896MB - Corsair 450VX
    Audigy2 ZS - Medusa 5.1 Headphones - Logitech x530 - Logitech G5 - Logitech Classic Keyboard
    320GB Seagate SATA (Primary) - 640GB WD Black (Storage) - Lite-On LH-20AIL

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic Flame Screensaver. Nothing else.

Can be found for free.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll check that out... I thought this thread died the minute I posted it. I've been using Nvidia's Physx screensaver, but I gotta crank down certain setting to get it to run smoothly. Thanks.
    Raidmax Smilodon - ASUS M2N-E - AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.6Ghz - EVGA GTX260 896MB - Corsair 450VX
    Audigy2 ZS - Medusa 5.1 Headphones - Logitech x530 - Logitech G5 - Logitech Classic Keyboard

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have you tried stardock deskscapes?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh. I actually probably should've closed this thread, as since I've made this, I've migrated over to Windows 7 and I now either put my monitor to sleep or use the ribbons screenie. Thanks for the help though.