Thread: Danger Mouse, Sparklehorse... and David Lynch?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Danger Mouse, Sparklehorse... and David Lynch?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=104129585

tl;dr - David Lynch is teaming up with Danger Mouse to release an album / book of photos. Various singers appear on the album, such as Mark Linkous from Sparklehorse. The link up top has a stream. Because of some some ongoing legal troubles with EMI, the book won't contain the actual album. It will be a blank CD-R with "For legal reasons, enclosed CD-R contains no music. Use it as you will." written on it.

Personally, I like Danger Mouse and Lynch can do no wrong for me, so I'll be checking this out.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never been a big Danger Mouse fan apart from the first Gnarls Barkley album (haven't checked out the second one), but I love David Lynch to death. Can't wait to see how this'll turn out.
    The fiery red Torino rolled to the curb, we hit the pavement ready for action.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This should be sweet. I really like some of the recent stuff that Dangermouse has produced (Beck's "Modern Guilt", The Black Keys' "Attack and Release") so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by okp
    Dark Night Of The Soul is an album collaboration between the producer Danger Mouse, Sparklehorse and David Lynch.

Except that a dispute with Danger Mouse's label EMI means that the music is now unlikely to be officially released. The artwork by David Lynch is complete however, so the plan is now to sell a blank, recordable CD, plus a poster, for $10, or the book of artwork, the poster, and a blank, recordable CD for $50.

The site says "Please note: Due to an ongoing dispute with EMI, Danger Mouse is unable to include music on the CD without fear of legal entanglement. Therefore, he has included a blank CD-R as an artifact to use however you see fit."

The implication being that the music will be leaked anyway, so you are buying a CD to burn it onto. In fact it started leaking a week ago, according to DigitalMusicNews. I suspect this one will run and run.

Other guests on the project include Iggy Pop, Frank Black, Julian Casablancas of The Strokes, Vic Chesnutt, The Flaming Lips, Jason Lytle (of Grandaddy), James Mercer of The Shins, Nina Persson of The Cardigans, Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals and Suzanne Vega.

Official site of Dark Night Of The Soul: www.dnots.com
    http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?...2092449&page=2

Streaming: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=104129585