Thread: SCORE!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default SCORE!!!

I have been getting lucky with ammo. Usually its hard to find. A guy on another forum was selling 400 rounds of .40 S&W. I bought it all because there is a H&K UMP submachine gun at the local indoor range Im going to rent, and they didnt have bullets for it. But they did have a few boxes of .45, and I grabbed some.

Then I went to walmart a few days ago and was able to pick up 2 bricks of .22, 100 rounds of .40, and 140 rounds of .223.

I was also able to get a box of Hydra shocks for the .40 online. And my buddies dad gave me about 60 rounds of .45 ACP he reloaded, and another 20 rounds of .45 ACP 230 +P hollow points.

All in all, I have been doing pretty good lately. I just wish I could trade the .40 for .45.

Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then I went to walmart a few days ago and was able to pick up 2 bricks of .22, 100 rounds of .40, and 140 rounds of .223.
    They actually sell ammo at your Walmarts...?

What about your 7-11's? Or your Piggly-Wiggleys?

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Seeing that picture just reminded me of a childhood memory, that my dad had boxes upon boxes of shotgun shells in our utility room. I dunno if he just got a really good deal or was expecting the apocalypse or what. He never went hunting that I remember, and the shells were probably from the late 70s and were never touched. There must've been at least 40 boxes of shells. Weird, just thought I'd share that.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sycld View Post

What about your 7-11's? Or your Piggly-Wiggleys?
    Yep. I know they dont at some in the northern states though.

We dont have 7-11s either. lol
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where do you live that they DON'T sell ammo at Wal-Mart? In fact I'd be willing to bet that your local Wal-marts carry ammo and you just don't realize it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syme View Post
    Where do you live that they DON'T sell ammo at Wal-Mart? In fact I'd be willing to bet that your local Wal-marts carry ammo and you just don't realize it.
    DC/Baltimore metro area and Western MD...

I can guarantee you that they do not sell ammo at our Wal-Marts, Wal-Mart Supercenters, or Tar-jays.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DC/Baltimore metro area and Western MD...

I can guarantee you that they do not sell ammo at our Wal-Marts, Wal-Mart Supercenters, or Tar-jays.
    Hmmm. Yeah probably not in DC/Bmore. At least some Walmarts in MD definitely sell ammo though.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    Yep. I know they dont at some in the northern states though.

We dont have 7-11s either. lol
    100ct box of Federal .223 is $35 at my Wall World.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srsinternets View Post
    100ct box of Federal .223 is $35 at my Wall World.
    wtf buy it all now, that's an amazing price right now!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm. Yeah probably not in DC/Bmore. At least some Walmarts in MD definitely sell ammo though.
    How do you know this?

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wtf buy it all now, that's an amazing price right now!
    Hahaha I bought 5 boxes. They didn't have much to begin with.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you know this?
    I live in northern VA and have bought ammo at MD Wal-marts when going to the range with buddies who live in MD. You may have never seen it, but it's there in some stores. They usually keep it locked in a cabinet under the sporting section counter, and you have to ask the sporting goods clerk to open it up and get some out for you (in NOVA Wal-marts they also usually have shotgun ammo just on the shelves, but I don't know if they do that in Maryland).

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I stopped a 3 gunstores yesterday and they all had plenty of ammo, just not at a price I was willing to pay or the brand that I wanted. I'm down to one brick of 22 and am currenly searching for more Federal 714, I saw tons of Federal 510, CCI, Winchester, and Remington just not what I'm looking for.

Here in Ohio many Wally Worlds leaves shotshells and full sized centerfire rifle cartridges out on the shelf, only the rimfire, medium centerfire (.223, 7.62x39), and handgun cartridges are behind the counter.
    Green is the new Red.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I was out in the sticks (Stuarts Draft) yesterday and stopped by a gun store, they had plenty of everything in stock, but.... $30+ for 50 rounds of 9mm ball or 20 rounds of most centerfire rifle ammo, no thank you.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I live in northern VA and have bought ammo at MD Wal-marts when going to the range with buddies who live in MD. You may have never seen it, but it's there in some stores. They usually keep it locked in a cabinet under the sporting section counter, and you have to ask the sporting goods clerk to open it up and get some out for you (in NOVA Wal-marts they also usually have shotgun ammo just on the shelves, but I don't know if they do that in Maryland).
    Wait...

...there are Wal-Marts in NOVA?

Also, the next time I'm in Hagerstown, MD, and have some time, I'll check and see if our local Wal-Mart supplies ammo.

Also, in retrospect, I'm not surprised that the Southern MD Wal-Mart(s) might stock ammo.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

sycld buy me ammo and ship it to me.

Im serious.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    sycld buy me ammo and ship it to me.

Im serious.
    Hey, ask Syme. I don't know one kind of ammo from another; I'd probably get you the wrong stuff.

Also, Syme apparently lives 1/2-1 an hour from me, so mostly has access to the same Wal-Marts, and probably has more disposable income than me too.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wait...

...there are Wal-Marts in NOVA?

.....Seriously? Of course there are. Why does this shock you? There are many.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

.....Seriously? Of course there are. Why does this shock you? There are many.
    I thought NOVA was like full of rich people that would get offended with such things!

(Sorry, I forget that NOVA is not all like Fairfax, Arlington, and Alexandria...)

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought NOVA was like full of rich people that would get offended with such things!

(Sorry, I forget that NOVA is not all like Fairfax, Arlington, and Alexandria...)
    Well, I would definitely say that most NOVA lacks the lower-income population that makes up Walmarts main clientele in most places, and most NOVA people wouldn't dream of making Walmart the main place they shop, but we still have:

1). A large lower-middle-class immigrant population
    2). Lots of college students
    3). Lots of well-to-do people who don't mind going in there occasionally for various miscellaneous items

Although it's true you won't see Arlington/Alexandria yuppies, bohemians, etc. going into one... I don't think there are actually even any Walmarts in those areas. The ones I know of are in Fair Lakes and Burke (both fairly middle-class areas), and then Kingstown (..hmm).

This thread is now about the demographic and cultural divisions associated with shopping at Walmart.
    Last edited by Syme; 05-24-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Although it's true you won't see Arlington/Alexandria yuppies, bohemians, etc. going into one... I don't think there are actually even any Walmarts in those areas.
    Yes, I know. I hardly ever venture into Northern VA, and when I do, it's almost never farther south than Alexandria or Arlington.

Similarly, I'm sure that most people in Northern VA almost never make it as far north as Germantown or Gaithersburg. For them, the MD suburbs must not be much more than Chevy Chase, Rockville, and Bethesda.

So... I'm sure that you mourned the loss of the... gay "entertainment" district and Nation in SE DC when they were making room for Nationals' stadium.
    Last edited by sycld; 05-24-2009 at 10:12 PM.

PANDAS

Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do kind of miss Nations, actually, though 930 tends to book bands that are more appealing to me. If I'm going to a gay club, though, its gonna be..... Apex. Hahahahah we should get a beer sometime

Edit: Yeah the whole stadium situation is retarded, that wasn't a good decision

Also, yeah, I don't think I have ever even been to Germantown or Gaithersburg. I used to live in Rockville, and I go into Silver Spring pretty often (many good restaurants there), but outside of that, no. No offense, but going into MD gives me a creepy feeling down my spine. There is something not right with your state. Just being there makes me feel wrong, I can't wait to get to Virginia every time I cross the river. Fuck MD, VA for life
    Last edited by Syme; 05-25-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hell, I was born in Maryland and still don't like the mainland. Maybe it's the whole Eastern Shore thing. The lack of Super Centers in NOVA surprised me at first, but I eventually began to prefer Target anyway for cheap big box shopping.

I never went to Nations, IIRC it was off limits to all military personnel around DC due to over 90 drug arrests being linked to it. Most of the area between Fort McNair and the Navy Yard changed quite a bit to make room for the Nationals Stadium. It also went up relatively quick. I hit a pothole and blew out a tire during some snow in 2006. One white boy a block or two off S. Capitol changing a tire in the snow. Seemed like I turned around and a stadium was built to repair the pothole. I can't help but think DoD played a hand in choosing the location. Many higher ranking officers live on one of the two posts and both are only a short walk from the stadium. Fort McNair even made a policy to allow DOD-decaled vehicles to park there for games. Pissed off those of us stationed there as parking sucks on post as it is.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I scored the other day at wally world too. 2 boxes of winchester white box .45 acp hollow points. 4 boxes 00 buckshot 12 gauge 3 inch mag.

That hit my wally worlds 6 boxes so we can keep it in stock for more than 10 seconds limit. Not like they had anything else I wanted/needed. Have been out of .308 for quiet a while now *sigh*. Today they hadn't restocked. I check so often the lady that works at the gun cabinet knows what I want when I walk up.

Edit: they been out of large packs of .22 LR for longer than they have been out of .308. Seem to have plenty of .223 stocked around here tho.
    Last edited by jojo; 06-03-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    "Back in the old, dark days of the internet when men were men, women were men, and children were FBI agents, no one cared what people thought of them"

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yea, they have .223 alot at mine, atleast they seem to keep it in stock longer than pistol calibers. 9MM, .45 ACP, and .22 bricks are the hardest to find right now. I havent seen a box of 9mm on a shelf in about 2 months. I need to go shoot my 9 too.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to score every time we went to the range. Go shoot a few hundred rounds for free, then secure a little bit for future use. Unfortunately, most of it was 5.56mm.