Thread: Left 4 Dead 2

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Left 4 Dead 2

Anyone else excited about this? Ive been waiting for some new maps, and this one is going to be awesome since it looks like one campaign is in Louisiana. Voodoo Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It seems a bit early for a sequel, but I am excited. However, new maps, new guns, and melee weapons could have been DLC.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SneeBeezums View Post
    It seems a bit early for a sequel, but I am excited. However, new maps, new guns, and melee weapons could have been DLC.
    Well hopefully there will be more than that like new enemy hero zombies.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm really surprised they already have a sequel considering all the other games they have made took many years afterwords to get one. Oh well KILL THE HORDE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
    Well I like penis

so there

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
    Well hopefully there will be more than that like new enemy hero zombies.
    Well yeah I just feel cheated because in an interview they said the devs felt there was more they wanted to do with the original. I would have been fine with a delay. It is Valve afterall. I'm disappointed that there was no announcement of HL2: episode 3

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I reckon this will be boxed together with Portal 2, and HL:EP 3 in a new orange box style thing, either way I thought the first one was "meh" - ZOMBIES DO NOT RUN!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they did in evil dead

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 5 View Post
    I reckon this will be boxed together with Portal 2, and HL:EP 3 in a new orange box style thing, either way I thought the first one was "meh" - ZOMBIES DO NOT RUN!
    I reckon you're wrong on that first part. This is Valve we're talking about. They have barely said anything about Episode 3. The last I read they were still figuring out the story and giving each other piggy back rides than working on it. We would have heard something about a second Portal and Ep3 by now if it was coming out this year.

And for zombies running, depends on who you ask. It's true that the classic George Romero zombies don't run, but 28 Days Later zombies, or as I call them, new age zombies, run, if you call them zombies that is. And let's face it, L4D would not be intense if hordes of slow moving zombies were lumbering your way. Yeah it would be a blast to mow them all down with a assault rifle, but it wouldn't be blood pumping intense. IF you want classic zombies go play Dead Rising.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SneeBeezums View Post
    I reckon you're wrong on that first part. This is Valve we're talking about. They have barely said anything about Episode 3. The last I read they were still figuring out the story and giving each other piggy back rides than working on it. We would have heard something about a second Portal and Ep3 by now if it was coming out this year.
    Agreed. If this were going to be another combo deal we'd probably at least have heard SOMETHING about the other games. I wouldn't expect Ep. 3 until Q4 2010 at the earliest. Which I don't mind, really. I mean, they can't rush the ending to one of the most epic game storylines of all time. It would piss a LOT of people off.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So... the tank was wearing overalls.

Does that mean all the special zombies will be hicked out?

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousMentality View Post

I also thought it was funny how its in New Orleans and the characters were 3 black people and one white guy.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the other things I'm wondering after watching this trailer again, are the chainsaws/ax/baseball bats/whatever going to completely replace the pistols with unlimited ammo? Because if so I call bullshit.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousMentality View Post

I think that's a Charger. A mix between normal infected and a tank or something like that.

A shitload of people were complaining it's too early for a sequel. I couldn't give a shit really. L4D has been the only game to keep me playing my 360 for the past year. I can't wait, I always felt the first was missing something and was a bit blank. Hopefully the new additions will make a great game much better. I like what I've read(and seen) so far and I don't mind shelling out another £30.
    Last edited by mtgmaster; 06-04-2009 at 07:41 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It just seems like that the sequel will be what the first should have been. Not that I mind but I could have waited too and saved myself some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    I also thought it was funny how its in New Orleans and the characters were 3 black people and one white guy.
    lol yeah but I guess it's fair since the first was 3 whites and a black. Where the fuck are the Asians and Spaniards if they are trying to be all ethnically equal
    Last edited by SneeBeezums; 06-04-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only see two blacks.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Meh I was assuming Anony was right. I'm so playing as that fat black man.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The guy in the suit kinda looks like a lame Edward Norton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...5875-21415139/

I don't get it. Maybe I just don't have the dedication that a lot of Valve gamers have, but I don't understand why they'd rather have a bunch of gradual new updates to the old game rather than a sequel game. I am really looking forward to the new game myself. It'll be nice to have the melee weapon option and apparently they're going to go into more depth with the characters' stories which will be cool. I don't know... if anyone here is going to boycott the new game, please explain to me why.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

By the looks of it most of the people complaining think they're entitled to not only a great game but constant free updates of campaigns, weapons and everything else that really should be in a brand new game. I think they're just cheap.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I dont care that its a new game. Id rather a new game come out than a few new maps come out.

Where did you find that pic? They obviously have info I havent seen out there.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Joystiq article I think. Here' sthe full poster for one of the new campaigns.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldfyre View Post
    That was awesome.

It pretty much sums of everyone's angst towards the sequel.

Although boycotting it is the dumbest shit I've heard.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coldfyre View Post
    Amazing.

Simply amazing.

Credits
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I thought Left 4 Dead was mediocre at best, however unlike movies video game sequels have a decent shot at being better than the original, so I'll probably check-check-check it out (and by that I mean borrow it from my friend who will buy it in a fit of Valve tooldom).

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I thought Left 4 Dead was mediocre at best, however unlike movies video game sequels have a decent shot at being better than the original, so I'll probably check-check-check it out (and by that I mean borrow it from my friend who will buy it in a fit of Valve tooldom).
    L4D is a great game. I would not consider it mediocre. Of course there is no back story at all. but it is a fun game.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also do not consider it to be great.

I consider it to be okay.

The complete lack of any kind of upgrade for character or weapon was a let down, and I wanted a sweet into CG cut-scene like for the first episode for all of them. I played it on the X-box and did not find the controls to be responsive enough for all the frantic action. I still enjoyed it, but it was not GAME OF THE YEAR for me. 4 scenarios, limited replay, limited weapons... not enough to keep me enthralled. I know the variety came from the AI director, but having the Witch spawn thirty feet to the left and a Tank rush me right before the hospital before the sewers isn't a big enough difference for me to really dig it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ive had the AI director screw me before. Ive been playing VS a few times, and when I was the infected, there would be about 10 regular zombies on the ENTIRE MAP. Even if you would boom on the humans, no zombies would come.

I never had a problem with the weapons. What would you upgrade on them?

I would love it if the game handled like CoD4 but had zombies like L4D.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The CoD4 with zombies from Left For Dead would be awesome.

Any kind of upgrade would help. The weapons themselves were fine, it was just boring after 5-10 play throughs. Maybe give cash at the end of a map and let you gold plate some weapons, or do some cosmetic stuff to them. Just something to encourage you to keep playing, and keep playing well.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dunno they really would have to do something to make this game stand out for me, it was fun to play left 4 dead but it got boring in about 5 minutes of gameplay. I could never buy a game like this, rent it maybe but never buy. They can never keep my attention.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I usually plug a good amount of time (10 or so hours) into a game before deciding if it is worth bitching about, or what parts are worth bitching about. Red Faction: Guerilla is great. SP is great, MP is great, but there are occasional hangups.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it's necessary to spend 10 or so hours on a game like left for dead before judging it. I played the campaign for a short amount of time and got the controls down then we played some multiplayer and it really disappointed me. For a game to be worth buying I like to guarantee that I will get a lot of replay value out of the game whether it be because of an immersive single player rpg or because the multiplayer is good enough for me to want to play. The multiplayer was fun for about 10 minutes until I realized how repetitive everything is and knew that it wasn't for me. That being said, if someone enjoys this game then good for them, it was fun for a bit and I can see how some people could like it. It's just not for me. Then again I'm the kind of person who can't play gta for more than like 10 minutes without getting bored as hell, these type of games are just not for me I guess.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, no, no, diffrn' strokes, diffrn't folks. The 10 hour thing is the guideline I go by is for when I'm writing reviews.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh alright, if you are writing a review then I suppose you would have to give it a good 10 hour. Where do you write reviews?

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly, I'm not sure we have server space at the moment. Used to be for NxGamers, I think. I dunno, I just write the reviews. My editor is in charge of where they're supposed to go. He doesn't really know what he's doing, though, so there's just a lot of reviews I sent him that aren't doing anyone much good.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh I see. That's pretty cool though, reviewing games on the side I take it?

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup. It's fun, I get to write about stuff I like, people pay attention to my likes/dislikes. It's the just the job an attention whore like me needs. It's like being a stripper where I get to shout out opinions as I slide down the pole, and everyone listens.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you go about trying to become a game reviewer? Shit I could write some damn good reviews on some games as long I have a little adderall and free time.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty much, I hung out at GameStop a lot and talked about stories that I was writing with the GM there, and he referred me to an ex-employee who was doing reviews for various sites, so we exchanged information and he started collecting more reviewers, and now he doesn't know what to do. So I would say my method is kind of FAIL.

Otherwise, query magazines, websites or publications that you would want to write for, ask if they are taking reviews, and if they aren't, move on. If they are, or if their submission guideline stipulates that you send in a sample, do so, and they'll get back to you.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be fun to try, although I don't know anyone who would hire me lol I have no experience with anything like that besides playing video games. Maybe after I go back onto coop and I'm working again I will try to get a job somewhere. Who knows though I probably won't end up doing anything about it and forget about it by next week.