Thread: Finally shot the AR-7

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Finally shot the AR-7

I fired the Papoose less than a month after buying it, but owned the Henry US Survival rifle for almost three years before remembering to test it out. Having heard the complaints about reliability and quality control, I was wondering how mine would shoot. It was purchased used in excellent condition, and I was wondering if the previous owner sold it due to it being one of the poorer examples. This past weekend, it finally got tested.

Anyway, as the ammo cans were too much of a hassle to pull out, comparatively speaking, I found a box of Winchester Wildcats in the garage. Last time I remember buying bulk .22 ammo was ten years ago, and boxes and loose rounds still pop up everywhere. So, after a little hassle loading the magazines (AR-7 mags are basic to the point of confusion), and a quick assembly of the rifle, a round was chambered and the fun began.

The first magazine fired fine until the last round. It clicked, I dropped the magazine and found a misfire in the chamber. Rechambered that round and it fired fine. The second magazine had no issues being rapidly fired. Same with the third and fourth, despite three more misfires. The rifle fires about two inches to the left at 25 meters, a simple sight adjustment should fix this. The cycles of function were all impeccable besides the misfires, which I attribute to ten year old bulk .22 ammo (which I've never had 100% reliability with).

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you post this back in the days of f15, I seem to recall it.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I posted pictures of it when I first bought the rifle. Honestly forgot I had it until I was cooking the other day.