Thread: buying an Audio/Video receiver.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default buying an Audio/Video receiver.

Help!!

I honestly have no idea what to look for in one of these. I was looking on ebay to buy one and i came across two different models by yamaha; so i went and looked them up on the website, and they are the exact same fucking thing. What the hell?! The ones i looked at were the HTR-6130 and the RX-V363.

Granted, i do not really wanna spend that much on a receiver because i'm a student in college and funds are really low. I'd like to spend around 140 or less.

Now, i did find a Pioneer VSX-D506S on Craigslist for 90 bucks; BUT i haven't been able to get in contact with the guy. So i dunno how that will work out for me.

Can y'all help me compile a list of features i should look for in a receiver.

I know that i need at least 5 channels. I have two oldschool floor speakers with built in subs, and i also have 4 KLH satellite speakers, as well as one KLH center speaker. I was thinking of putting the 2 floorspeakers by the TV and having the satellites around while the center is in the center. (Duh).

What i know i want: Dolby Pro Logic 2, DTS, DSP settings, and well..... that's all i really know of.

Like i said before, HELP!!

thankyou

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For ~$150 you could probably get one of the older Denon or H/K AVRs.