Thread: Blindess

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Blindess

I wasn't too thrilled to go see this movie so my opinion might be a tad bias but really, the entire movie sucked. There was really no big out-of-your-seat moments, only mellow drama between characters at best, and doesn't show any visionary (no pun intended) insight on human nature or the human condition which "Smart Movies" like this are supposed to do.

-Semi spoils below, I guess-

We all know that humans can become savage, cruel and thoughtless when under certain circumstances. This movie was Lord of the Flies with walking sticks and sunglasses! This movie doesn't really show us anything we don't already know. Governments will go to extremes to protect itself from a threat? Duh, they tend to go to extremes when it's not even their asses on the line! Will a person change for the worst in order to survive? Of course, that's basic instinct! Can we shed our morals when there is no punishment for being immoral? Yes again.

Over all, this movie really did suck. But if anyone saw the true genius of it that I must of missed, please point it out.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep hearing that this sucks mondo-cock, so there probably isn't any genius.

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llFidoll View Post
    I keep hearing that this sucks mondo-cock, so there probably isn't any genius.
    Yeah, but everyone I heard said City of God was a must see and this should even top that. I haven't seen City of God yet, and now I am kinda turned off to the idea of watching it.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

City of God may not tell you anything you didn't already know about human nature but it is a captivating story in itself
    i won't see Blindness any time soon, but judging from the premise they are way different films
    for what it's worth City of God isn't from hollywood and casts authentic kids

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

City of God is as good as everyone says.