Thread: S. Darko

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default S. Darko

Am I the only one that didn't know there was another Donnie Darko movie, and that there is another one being worked on by the original writer/director? Looks good man. Should I bother watching this one? Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. General consensus is that S. Darko is a pile of utter crap wrapped up in a piece of shit.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh well that makes me sad. I saw half of a preview for it when I was watching a movie just now and almost jizzed on myself.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, you still might want to take a look at it. I haven't seen it, but I've lurked the boards for it and the consensus is it's just not any good.

Taste My Rainbow
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I watched it just to see and how was going to be. Terrrible. Just plain terrible. You should still watch it to see how the story kind of moved forward, but I wanted to punch people in the face after that movie.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite possibly the worst movie I have ever made myself sit through. It was actually painful to watch, just because it was so terrible. you find yourself just wishing it would end so you can leave and never think about ti again. Also, it doesn't do jack shit with the original Darko storyline except make it retarded and impossible to follow. The actors are terrible, the plot is god-awful, the story makes no sense, and the writing is laughable at best. Worst movie ever.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well in all fairness the original Darko storyline was already pretty close to impossible to follow. Maybe I'm just retarded but it took me watching the movie twice before I figured out what was going on exactly.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Plus there was a whole meta-reality-website-book tie in that you needed to read to completely understand the movie.

FUN FACT!

Richard Kelly is from my area, and Donnie Darko's high school was based on mine. The neurotic SPARKLE MOTION lady was based on the gym teacher I had sophomore year.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    Well in all fairness the original Darko storyline was already pretty close to impossible to follow. Maybe I'm just retarded but it took me watching the movie twice before I figured out what was going on exactly.
    The Donnie Darko storyline was weird and hard to follow, S. Darko is actually impossible. Nothing is explained, nothing makes any sense, and it is far more confusing. It really is a terrible movie djwolford, normally, I watch terrible movies anyways, just to see them, and sometimes I still enjoy them, even for their terribleness, but no fucking way would I ever watch S. Darko again. Seriously, you couldn't pay me enough.

Taste My Rainbow
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinysides View Post
    no fucking way would I ever watch S. Darko again. Seriously, you couldn't pay me enough.
    Eh I would sleep with Sam's friend in that movie. But yeah you pretty much summed up how I felt about the whole movie. The only thing that connects this movie with the past are some newspaper articles and the name.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That worries me, because I usually love terrible movies. Something about a terrible movie that isn't entertaining just makes me sad.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read the back of the dvd in a supermarket and merely lamented at how Daveigh Chase did not, as I had hoped, grow up into a fine piece of sex. Then I put the dvd back on the shelf and bought something much more worth watching. Like Battlefield Earth.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
    Plus there was a whole meta-reality-website-book tie in that you needed to read to completely understand the movie.

FUN FACT!

Richard Kelly is from my area, and Donnie Darko's high school was based on mine. The neurotic SPARKLE MOTION lady was based on the gym teacher I had sophomore year.
    rofl oh man if i had that woman as a teacher we would have ribbed the utter shit out of her all year

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As in, had sex with? Because she was a dog.

If you mean, made fun of, she was such a goddamn hardass. I'm lucky I didn't have her for Driver's Ed. She had such a goddamn high fail rate. She was a complete and utter bitch. Family life was pretty fun, though, because we had another teacher come in to help out, and they were much friendlier.