Thread: Zune 30GB

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zune 30GB

Item Description : Microsoft Zune 30gb WhitePrice : $70 or best offer
    Rate it : 10/10
    What it comes with : zune, headphones, usb cable

I got this for 45.00 via pay pal. I just wish the graphics were better. Any suggestions?

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Graphics? As in the interface, or the backgrounds? You can change both, the first very little but the backgrounds are your playground. Make sure to update it to the latest firmware and Zune software, and you'll be set.

Unless I read your post wrong... you just bought this, amirite? I have the Zune 30, and it's the best $90 I spent (got it 2 years ago Black Friday). The only thing that aggravate me is that it sometimes screws up your song titles, so I'll have a Seether song playing listed as Green Day, and vice versa, etc.

Oh, and make sure those earbuds are the premium ones, otherwise they are shit. Skullcandy is also good like that, and they're cheap too.
    Raidmax Smilodon - ASUS M2N-E - AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.6Ghz - EVGA GTX260 896MB - Corsair 450VX
    Audigy2 ZS - Medusa 5.1 Headphones - Logitech x530 - Logitech G5 - Logitech Classic Keyboard
    320GB Seagate SATA (Primary) - 640GB WD Black (Storage) - Lite-On LH-20AIL

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I just bought it and don't have much experience with it. Its in excellent condition and for the price I didn't see a reason not to buy it. What I was talking about is the quality of the video but if I recall aren't there lots of mods and tricks you can do to improve some things?
    Last edited by Beef; 07-18-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I never knew of any hacks for video except conversion software you could get to optimize it for the Zune. I used to use Super (C) for that, and it did a decent job, especially due the price of free. I rarely watch video on the thing anymore due to two things. I have too much music (ah the wonder of greatest hits and discographies...), and I don't have time to scrunch my eyes and watch a 3 inch screen. Maybe once the train riding starts up again... but for now, nah.

However, video download sites like SurfTheChannel give nearly a perfect resolution for movies on such a tiny screen. Just use a program like the Firefox extension DownloadHelper, and you have portable movies for every day of the week.
    Raidmax Smilodon - ASUS M2N-E - AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.6Ghz - EVGA GTX260 896MB - Corsair 450VX
    Audigy2 ZS - Medusa 5.1 Headphones - Logitech x530 - Logitech G5 - Logitech Classic Keyboard

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's awesome and very helpful. Thanks so much.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a problem. Just be wary on the website for Super if you plan to download it, as it's a bit tough to find the links to download it. My guess is to keep spam or something from messing around. You gotta go all the way to the bottom of the page I linked to, then the top of the page after that ("download and use"), and then the bottom of the third page... kinda annoying I know.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in business- thanks again.