Thread: Recommend some games

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Recommend some games

I don't play games too often, and most of the games I like are ancient. I just built a new computer. Check it out, here.

The games I play now are:
    WOW
    Unreal GOTY
    Unreal 2k3
    Delta Force series
    StarCraft
    AOE 1/2

I just bought:
    Crysis
    Orange Box

Crysis is bad ass, and I didn't get a chance to install OB. How is Left 4 Dead? It sounds bad ass. I'm waiting patiently for StarCraft 2 to come out. I'm not a fan of the separate race releases but whatever. Someone recommend some good shit for me. I am a fan of FPS, and RTS games.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You might like Fallout 3. Also, despite how old it is getting, Oblivion is fucking fantastic.

And I believe Diablo 3 is coming out soon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

L4D is fucking awesome. But just wait till November. The second one is going to be released and should be just as good or better. It's a great multiplayer but pretty lame by yourself IMO.

That's pretty much all I got. I'm not that much of a PC gamer. Orange Box and L4D is the only games I really play.

You might want to consider CoD4 too. I would imagine it is cheap for PC.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, thanks guys.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are a US history guy like myself, Empire Total War is pretty cool but it took me ages just to figure out how to play.

The Sims 3 is also fun, but only with someone else watching you. It's pretty depressing sitting by yourself controlling another life, unless she's hot.

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    If you are a US history guy like myself, Empire Total War is pretty cool but it took me ages just to figure out how to play.

The Sims 3 is also fun, but only with someone else watching you. It's pretty depressing sitting by yourself controlling another life, unless she's hot.
    That doesn't bode well for the guy watching you, then, does it?

God That Smelled Good linkinkampf19's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    You might like Fallout 3. Also, despite how old it is getting, Oblivion is fucking fantastic.
    Ditto on both. Fallout 3 is amazing, and while built on the same engine as Oblivion, it is highly optimized and you'll rarely see the problems you see with it's predecessor. Both have an insane amount of user made mods, and that's what keeps both going so strong. If you try either, get Mart's Monster/Mutant Mod for OB and Fallout, respectively, and there are a slew of other mods I use for OB. I would suggest the Ayleid Steps, Deadly Reflexes, Conduit Magic, and LAME for starters. OOO 1.34 beta for average to advanced players. And don't forget the unofficial patches for the game and it's requisite official add-ons.

Off the Bethesda bandwagon, Prototype is fucking awesome, and Bionic Commando isn't half bad. Fuel is fun, though kinda too big for it's britches. Make sure to get Portal Prelude for Portal, as well as Still Alive, which I believe is still free for PC. Crysis also has some badass user made levels (The Resort, Physis, etc.)

Oh, and most definitely get Audiosurf if you haven't yet. Must be the best $10 I spent on a game with near infinite possibilities.
    Raidmax Smilodon - ASUS M2N-E - AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.6Ghz - EVGA GTX260 896MB - Corsair 450VX
    Audigy2 ZS - Medusa 5.1 Headphones - Logitech x530 - Logitech G5 - Logitech Classic Keyboard
    320GB Seagate SATA (Primary) - 640GB WD Black (Storage) - Lite-On LH-20AIL

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I second Audiosurf. As someone that uses iTunes, it was pretty neat to have a game that didn't fucking disregard that library because it wasn't in Windows Media.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rollercoaster Tycoon!