Thread: Laptop problems

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Laptop problems

F MY LAPTOP! -_-. So I have an HP pretty new. Around June I experienced troubles using Windows Update, and then I also had problems installing Microsoft Office, I believe the problems are related because of error codes, but besides that. I've been getting help from Microsoft Support and i got a bunch of help but none worked. So they gave me a Vista replacement DVD which I just received today. So I stick the DVD in and try to do a "Upgrade" where it fixes corrupted files and keeps all my other files. But...that didn't work either..or at least something went wrong....

And now..I'm stuck with a completely reformatted laptop with Vista...

I never had any problems with the idea until....

well my integrated wireless card/whatever won't turn on...is the driver missing since i reformatted? Heck..all of my drivers are missing aren't they? And theres no slot to stick a wireless card in, although I could do use an ethernet cable.

But my question is, what do I do now? Do I find all my drivers on my computer and get it onto my laptop and install? or what, i've never experienced this problem when reformatting other computers

So really, I don't know what to do..

My laptop is HP Pavilion dv4-1117nr.. I went to device manager to add the driver for my network adapter but when i tried it said the device cannot start. I have touch sensor media keys bar. One of the buttons is for wireless but it's off, I keep trying to press it but it won't turn on, all the other buttons work though.

Nevermind, closed. All I did was plug my ethernet cable into the laptop and install 59 updates which took 3 hours and then my wireless started working . I'm still having problems but i'm sure i'll fix them soon enough.

well..can't close..

I'm still missing some things :[. Like just default skins and themes that came with my laptop, my only option is the gay blue =/. Is there anything I can do to get those back?
    Last edited by crapoo16; 08-18-2009 at 06:06 AM.

cowabunga
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=default+skins+d...ion+dv4-1117nr

the first link there should help you friend

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I just googled my laptop model and got on the HP site and found all my drivers. Turns out I was still missing my video card driver xD. God I feel so stupid...Thanks for the help though. Now I know what to do next time I reformat.

cowabunga
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wait what

when i posted that link it lead you directly to here what the cocks i was trying to be tricky and yet i ended up helping you

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Noo i fixed it before clicking the link haha.