Has anyone read this book? I enjoy satire but I was a little weary about religious satire but this book had me laughing till I cried while opening my eyes to a lot of interesting things. For those of you who haven't read it, the plot (if your too lazy to google the blurb) is that Jesus comes back to check up on earth's progress and how powerful religious figures begin to fear and hate this "fraud."

Now I live in a place where religion is a very touchy subject so it was only natural that I lent this book out to as many of my bible-thumping friends I could to get their take on this great book. Now that was a great treat. One of my friends read the blurb and refused to read it, another got about twenty pages into it and said it made her "uncomfortable" and my personal favorite is my friend who is preparing for his LDS mission said he would say a prayer for me. Thing is, I thought this book was very touching and interesting, showing how even the best intentions can be skewed. Even if those intentions are in the Bible!

So, anyways, have any of you guys read this book?