Has anyone else played these? I thought III was pretty decent, and it was fresh insofar as this was the first NA port of the game. I played it up until a week or so ago, when I got to the last dungeon in the game, got tired of Red Dragons kicking my butt, and picked up FF IV. Also, my Mognet is not working, possibly due to me having the DS clock set to 24 hour time. I'll have to check that out next week. If I can get the mail system to work, I might squeeze a few more hours out of the game playing sidequests.

IV improves on nearly everything. I own the SNES version and played the GBA version to the last dungeon earlier this year. I might even own the PS port, can't remember. But I still think this version was well worth the $28 paid. The additional cutscenes and increased difficulty have kept me interested to this point (just defeated Cagnazzo). After completing the SNES version numerous times and breezing though the GBA port, it is refreshing to find this familiar game still has much to offer on the DS.

Finally, I picked up Dragon Quest IV. Unlike FF, I didn't grow up playing DQ, though I did play Dragon Warrior I-III a few years ago on Gameboy. I'll check out IV once the two FF games begin getting boring.