Thread: Let there be light.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Let there be light.

I picked up new lights for both of my ARs.

For the pistol (soon to be SBR) I got this one.

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_...oducts_id=1641

Its got 12 modes all the way from 4 lumens all the way up to 225 lumens, and a 230 lumen strobe, which will almost make you lose your balance if you are in a dark room and get hit with it right in the face. I have this one mounted at the 9 o'clock position on my AR-15 pistol. Its a really bright light. I have a Surefire G2 which is 65 lumens, and an Insight M3 thats 85 lumens, and I thought those things were bright. The Fenix also throws the light a good 100 yards, which is pretty damn good for an LED this small. The aluminum on it seems to be kinda soft though. I handed it to some idiot the day I got it and he started playing like it was a light saber, and dropped it on the concrete. It still works fine, but it landed on one of the raised parts on the rear, and it got beat up nicely. Its very water proof. The power went out the other day and I had to take a shower, so I turned it on and put it in the shower. It lit up the whole bathroom almost as good as the normal lights, and it got soaking wet. Battery life seems to be pretty good too. Ive been playing with it for about a week now and the batteries are still strong.

The other one I got is a little bigger. Its going on my SPR project. (Special Purpose Rifle). Once I get the scope and mount ill be done with that gun. I may get a longer barrel down the road, but not sure.

Anyway, its this one.
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/streamli...ght-88700.html

Its only 135 lumens, which is still bright as hell, but the huge reflector on it makes it throw the beam alot further from what Ive heard. I just ordered that one today, so I should have it early next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those look like nice lights. Perhaps due to getting so many of their products for free, I am partial to Sure-Fire. Whenever I find myself back in a hostile environment I plan to get one of these: http://www.surefire.com/M6-Guardian

They have quite a reputation from what I hear, but are just a bit pricey even for 500 lumens. Of course, if I am ever able to acquire one, the Hellfighter would be the mack daddy of tactical lighting. For now, though, I'll just stick with the various 65 lumen lights I have.

Edit: I would reaaallly have to acquire on of those Hellfighters. Check out the price: http://www.batteryjunction.com/suref...llfighter.html Not to mention the $300+ batteries I'd have to acquire as well.

Surefire Hellfighter (picture intensive) - CandlePowerForums
    Last edited by fm2176; 10-10-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a Surefire G2 and I like it. I used to have it on one of my ARs. But for a SF light that is really bright, you wuill be paying a nice chunk of cash.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My Super Tac will be here tomorrow afternoon. So Ill be able to compare the two.
    roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    deathmaster numbers,
    i'm gonna rape you

I had a dream