Thread: Paranormal Activity

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Paranormal Activity

It blew Blair Witch out of the water. I was genuinely entertained the entire time.

That said, there were some issues with the logic of the characters and the pacing was a bit questionable at times. I liked that it managed to flirt with the horror cliches without becoming a cliche horror movie. I'm especially glad that they avoided the disturbing/gruesome/shock value horror.

I've read reviews and heard people talking about how scary it was, and that's one thing I disagree with. Maybe I'm too cynical with the premise (a demon haunting a house), but I was never really scared; the intensity definitely built, but when the movie was resolved, I was able to leave it at the door. It wasn't like Psycho where the shower was slightly sketchy the next time you were in there.

Why so delirious?
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    I've read reviews and heard people talking about how scary it was, and that's one thing I disagree with. Maybe I'm too cynical with the premise (a demon haunting a house), but I was never really scared; the intensity definitely built, but when the movie was resolved, I was able to leave it at the door. It wasn't like Psycho where the shower was slightly sketchy the next time you were in there.
    Yeah I don't ever get scared by movies anymore so I figured this wouldn't do anything for me. Although I'm not sure what you mean about Psycho, I would only ever worry about being in a shower if I was in a po-dunk motel room where I wasn't able to lock the bathroom door, it didn't do crap to scare me just taking regular showers (nor do I see how it could), and since I never have been in a weird motel like that, it didn't have any effect on me.

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paranormal Activity scared the bejeezus out of me. The logical mind says that ghosts and demons aren't real, but my family insists the house I used to live in was haunted, and watching the movie, I was reminded of some of the weird shit that happened. Like, keys in the middle of the floor, spinning chandolier, loud footsteps all happened my old house.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My sister said she didn't sleep the night she saw it but she's also kind of a sucker for these things.

(It was probably because the dude who took her to the movie was banging her all night sigh I hope she's not a whore)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I watched it the other day with the other ending and after hearing about the theater ending I think I would have rather had that. I liked the idea of the movie, but I think it could have been done better.

hotter than a $2 pistol gorefinger's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was contrived and ridiculous. It was never entertaining at any point. The characters were annoying. The story was weak.

I thought this movie sucked shit.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After hearing good things about this movie, I decided to take a look.

While there were some generally spooky parts, overall I wasn't impressed. I hated Katie's character. Her acting was contrived and I just found her completely obnoxious. After a while, I just wanted it to be over.

Also, how the hell can two people living together, one being a student and one being an "inside trader" have a beautiful huge house like that? Stupid shit like that completely draws my attention away from the plot.

The version I saw had the original ending tacked on.

dumb

Not scary. Anti-climactic.

The original ending was better.

although

Overall, I'd give this movie a 4/10 for great sound design and some generally creepy parts. Otherwise, I could have gone on with my life without ever seeing it. I personally liked Blair Witch Project much better because of its ambiguity, the acting, and the originality.

Paranormal Activity was...

Lame.
    Last edited by gina; 10-30-2009 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    tidus you're not allowed to call gina gines ok

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    (It was probably because the dude who took her to the movie was banging her all night sigh I hope she's not a whore)
    she let me spill my seed inside of her without a prophylactic for a cheeseburger

also her velvet sleeve felt a bit loose if you know what i'm sayin', and the slightly fishy odor left on my penis after taking it out suggested that mine wasn't the first goo to be spread around in there that day.
    Last edited by sycld; 10-30-2009 at 01:16 AM.

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This movie was pretty much the worst.

Credits
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Also atmosfear I'm sorry your sister's a whore bro.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's ok dogue

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    Also, how the hell can two people living together, one being a student and one being an "inside trader" have a beautiful huge house like that? Stupid shit like that completely draws my attention away from the plot.
    You get the impression that he makes a lot of money. In the movie she asks him how much that camera cost him, and he replied with something like "about as much money as I made today". While that is probably a bit of an exaggeration, as the camera probably runs at least a thousand bucks, you get the impression that this is a six-figure income he has. That's why he has a big ass house.
    Quote Originally Posted by DickStivers View Post
    I hope I haven't missed my chance to join MrTroy 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I blame Obama. That nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzss View Post
    when mrtroy makes a valid point about your posting, you should probably kill yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    This site was always meant to end with a gay gangbang. It's destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I don't consider myself a racist, but I fucking hate niggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    Gwahir and I have this little ongoing tiff. He seems to have that with a number of people who think he is a pretentious faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'd rather fuck a child

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He wasn't inside trading, he was day trading.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In a down on the dix economy

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't the movie 'shot' in 2005?

What'd the timestamps say.

And just cause some niggas gettin' broke don't mean all niggas gettin' broke, nawmean?