Thread: Pygmy

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pygmy

Now I am a huge fan of Chuck Palahniuk, but after the enormous let down of his last novel, Snuff, I am not so sure if I want to read his next novel on the account that it just doesn't seem like something I'd be interested in. Still, I figure that you can't be brilliant all the time and figured that Palahniuk could miss the mark at least once or twice.

So my question is who is going to read Pygmy (or already have/currently reading) and is it worth picking up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    He came to the states for his birthday and now he's going home in a body bag. That's what you get for sending your child to Utah.
    Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    i would have whipped out my dick in that situation
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    News flash, guys can't get pregnant from vaginal sex either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmoscheer View Post
    But what is their policy on winning the hearts and minds through forcible vaginal entry?

Scito Te Ipsum TheOriginalGrumpySpy's Avatar
    I am not a citizen of Athens or of Greece but of the world.
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I swear Rant is probably one of his best books yet is so often overlooked.

I didn't like the premise of Snuff so I didn't read it. It just seemed boring. And I don't know how Pygmy can actually for a nice narrative.

I'll give it a whirl though, it's not like it takes me more than a week to finish one of his novels.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." -Anne Frank

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” -Buddha

Identity

Take orally. no_brains_no_worries's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rant is one of those books you can re-read a hundred times and it's still a page turner. I've read that Rant 2 is his "Next big project" and these books (Snuff, Pygmy and I think two more) are just to keep his fans happy. I could be wrong though. Anyway, please post a review of Pygmy if you do read it so I know if it's a bust or not.

Also, you were completely right about Snuff being boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    He came to the states for his birthday and now he's going home in a body bag. That's what you get for sending your child to Utah.
    Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    i would have whipped out my dick in that situation
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    News flash, guys can't get pregnant from vaginal sex either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmoscheer View Post
    But what is their policy on winning the hearts and minds through forcible vaginal entry?