Thread: Help Me Pick Some Games

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Help Me Pick Some Games

Ok well my birthday is on Nov 2 and Christmas is coming relatively soon, I'll probably buy 2 games and get 2 for the holidays, for a total of 6(woops I mean 4). Problem is, there are soooo many good releases for this holiday that I don't know what to get. I only own a PS3 which I love, so I'm going to list the games I was interested in. I'll put a star for the ones I'm really eyeing.

FIFA 09 ( A MUST BUY FOR ME)*
    NBA 2k9 (Iffy about it, heard bad reviews)
    Dead Space (Got rave reviews)
    Legendary ( Nevermind, don't want it anymore)
    Resistance 2
    Little Big Planet
    Far Cry 2
    Fallout 3
    Need For Speed: Undercover
    SOCOM: Confrontation *

I really can't make up my mind.

Edit: Forgot to add Prince of Persia (thanks Crysack), Tomb Raider, maybe Call of Duty 5, and Tom Clancy's End War (I'm starting to like RTS games due to Civilization).
    Last edited by Cool Runnings; 10-16-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you have 3 games picked out and want us to pick the last. I'd say Fallout 3 as it looks the most promising.

But if I were you'd I'd ditch Socom for Reisistance but I was never really a fan of Socom. Also don't know too much about Legendary never piqued my interests. Littlebigplanet is mainly going to be for people who want to be creative, but even if not there will be am infinite of levels to play as you can play other people's.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty dubious about Legendary. Otherwise...

I'd probably recommend Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 as the three most promising but keep an eye on the new Prince of Persia and Quantum of Solace as well.

....oh and Mirrors Edge is coming out in the near future...I think....

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not too sure about Confrontation either since it's solely online.

Dead Space looks amazing. I was never a fan of the first Resistance, so I don't know about the second one. It does look like a big improvement over the first. Mirror's Edge is coming out soon and it should be good. And Quantum of Solace plays like CoD4, but with James Bond and a cover system. So sounds promising. World at War comes out soon but I don't know how you feel about WWII shooters.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SneeBeezums View Post
    I'm not too sure about Confrontation either since it's solely online.

Dead Space looks amazing. I was never a fan of the first Resistance, so I don't know about the second one. It does look like a big improvement over the first. Mirror's Edge is coming out soon and it should be good. And Quantum of Solace plays like CoD4, but with James Bond and a cover system. So sounds promising. World at War comes out soon but I don't know how you feel about WWII shooters.
    CONFRONTATION IS ONLY ONLINE!!! Forget it then. As forWWII shooters, I actually prefer them than normal shooters because I never bought one before.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is so cool of Mirror's Edge? I just looked at the previews and it looks like James Bond and F.E.A.R stirred together.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    What is so cool of Mirror's Edge? I just looked at the previews and it looks like James Bond and F.E.A.R stirred together.
    Because it's unique. Think Prince of Persia in first person. You don't really run and gun per say. You can disarm enemies and shoot at them but it's not CoD where you get a gun and shoot everything in site. Parqoure(sp?) in first person.

CONFRONTATION IS ONLY ONLINE!!! Forget it then. As forWWII shooters, I actually prefer them than normal shooters because I never bought one before.
    Yeah online only. Although if you do play online games in general on your PS3 it is a value bundle. 60 dollars for the game and the bluetooth headset. The headset alone is 40 and so is the game. So really you're saving 20 bucks and probably getting a good online game. But if online isn't your bag then yeah not worth it.

Oh and how could I forget Bioshock. It comes out on the 21st. I played the demo and it's a solid port it seems.
    Last edited by SneeBeezums; 10-15-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that I relook at the screens, Legendary doesn't look that good so I'm probably not going to get it. I know BioShock is amazing but I don't really like 1st person shooters which is a paradox for me because I play CoD and stuff, hard to explain. I don't like linear 1st Persons now that I think about so that is why I'm removing Legendary.

Also, I am iffy about Dead Space and BioShock, well because I'm a pussy and I don't like scary games. I never even beat the second half of Resident Evil 4. Might just rent Dead Space.

As for SOCOM, I'll wait for the reviews and if it gets over an 8.7 on Gamespot, then I might just buy. Then again they gave Assassin's Creed a 9.0 ( what a waste of money for me, so repetitive), Grand Theft Auto 4 a 10.0 (I just don't like it for some reason), and Metal Gear Solid a 10.0 (A great game but so short you shouldn't buy it).
    Last edited by Cool Runnings; 10-15-2008 at 09:46 PM.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Anonymous D's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

CoD5
    Resistance 2
    Farcry 2
    Fallout 3

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Call of Duty: World at War

It needed to be repeated.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

heres what my 4 would be, dead space, fallout 3, littlebigplanet and Far Cry 2

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Far Cry 2 will be about as 'un-linear' as shooters get.

Also...Bioshock is a great game as far as story and atmosphere go but I got bored of the gameplay about halfway through the game.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysack View Post
    Far Cry 2 will be about as 'un-linear' as shooters get.
    Which, if they go the same route as FarCry and Crysis, is still unfortunately pretty linear. Just a lot more room to screw around in.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got Socom yesterday, and definitely get this. Awesome game.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK I'm probably going to get Far Cry 2 for sure because Circuit City gives you a free stradegy guide with it unless it gets crap reviews, also they give you a 15$ gift card for LittleBigPlanet but it says it comes out on the 21st, is this true because I heard it got pushed back?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently SOCOM's realease was a disaster. Downloading 500mbs of data just to play seems ridiculous to me.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK I'm probably going to get Far Cry 2 for sure because Circuit City gives you a free stradegy guide with it unless it gets crap reviews, also they give you a 15$ gift card for LittleBigPlanet but it says it comes out on the 21st, is this true because I heard it got pushed back?
    it did get pushed back to the 27th but itll be worth it to wait for it instead of grabbing one of the others now trust me