Thread: I know I should feel sorry for Newcastle fans...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I know I should feel sorry for Newcastle fans...

...but honestly sometimes I think that they bring it all on themselves. They like to convince themselves that Newcastle is a big club (haven't won anything of note for, what, 50 years?) and like to think they can attract the top names. The problem is that when they get a realistic manager, like Big Sam (who was unlucky), they hound him out and really play on the fact they have a chairman who wants to be seen as one of the boys. Then when the transfer window is quiet and their messiah - the overrated-by-everyone-except-newcastle-fans Mr Keegan - has a bit of a moan, the chairman is the bad guy again! And then, absurdly, Dennis Wise gets blamed for all the troubles and Mike Ashley puts the club up for sale leaving it in the shit. And the fans only have themselves to blame really.

Honestly I should feel sorry for them but you couldn't hope for a more fickle or deluded set of supporters in the EPL.

for those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/7615618.stm

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They're all as bad as each other, everyone and everything to do with the club.

Including the women on MOTD last night saying her life was destroyed rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Fry
    Oh don't look at me like that, you fucking pig eyed sack of shit

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The only player for Newcastle that I really ever had respect for is Alan Shearer. Yes, stereotypical...but understandable.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

it's in the CD charter

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They do bring it on themselves. They are far too impatient, unless you are Kevin Keegan or Alan Shearer, you need to win instantly and keep doing it. It doesn't help that it is the only big club in the city, it therefore has the support of the entire city, I can't help but feel that this raises expectation levels. To be fair, on paper they have a cracking team but there is far too much instability off the field, you can't suddenly change things if you have fans with no patience and a limited transfer budget.