Thread: Calling all watchers/fans of 08th MS Team!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Calling all watchers/fans of 08th MS Team!

Like most of the western Gundam audience, I was introduced to 08th mobile suit team through cartoon network when I was younger. For some reason, my most vivid memory of that series was a scene where the 08th Team takes off from a runway in a plane and heads off into the sky all cliche-like. During this scene they played a short tune that really stuck with me over the years.

today, I downloaded a torrent labeled 08th mobile suit team [Remastered] that litters the internet(and seems to be the only one I can find). Only the first six episodes are in English, but that's not what bothers me. My problem is I can't find that one scene for the life of me. I could have sworn it occurred at the end of an episode, but I just finished watching the ends of all 12 episodes looking for it with no luck. I can understand the series getting edited for cartoon network...but ADDING a scene? never seen that before.

If ANYONE at all remembers the scene I'm referring to, or better yet, knows where it happens in the series chronologically that would really be helpful. I don't really want to sit and watch all 12 episodes start to finish just to find this one scene, but I will if i've got to. So if anyone remembers the scene, or has downloaded the torrent I have and can confirm that that scene isn't present then i would be very grateful.

Edit: I've just finished watching episodes1-9 all the way through. I'm convinced there was definitely some footage on the cartoon network release which isn't in the versions i downloaded....which baffles me honestly...I distinctly remember a scene back at the federation base in which Shiro still had bandages on his hands and was offered a cup of coffee by...ummm...some character that eludes my memory. I think this might be the part of the episode I am trying to find. It seems like it the scene I originally mentioned would have to happen between episodes 8-9 since the air drop seems to be the only time they used an aircraft. I'm SOOO confused now. Why would the English versions have footage that the Japanese version doesn't? can anyone help me out here?
    Last edited by randomguy2476; 10-19-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: new info

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you were watching The 08th MS Team, Miller`s Report? That might contain extra scenes not seen in the series.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of Japanese cartoons are heavily edited for Western audiences, I'm pretty sure this can occasionally include using scenes not used in the final Japanese edits (though scenes being created specifically for Western audiences seems unlikely to me but I guess it's actually pretty likely for the really popular ones like Pokemon and Dragonball Z)

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It turns out coolio was right. The scene I was looking for was the final scene in Miller's Report, Which took FOREVER to find a working download for btw. Anyway i'd say im totally satisfied now, and this does answer the question of all the missing scenes I remember. Thanks.