Thread: UFC 92, Best card ever?

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default UFC 92, Best card ever?

Anderson Silva is a possible participant at the UFC 92 mega card "The Ultimate 2008" on December 29. That is if Silva dispatches of Patrick Cote and comes out unscathed at UFC 90 on October 25.

"If Silva finishes Cote in the way he normally finishes opponents, he could fight again in two months," UFC president Dana White told The Sun.

That would make an already stacked UFC 92 card even stronger. The card already features Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in an interim heavyweight title bout, Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans in a light-heavyweight bout and Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in a second rematch.

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008...ossible-ufc-92
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That card looks pretty good so far but I hope they don't make the undercards and non-superstar fights super weak as they did in UFC 79.

Edit: Big Nog via armbar (I'm going there)
    Forrest Griffin by UD
    Silva by hanging Rampage on the cage
    Last edited by cdc; 10-20-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc View Post
    That card looks pretty good so far but I hope they don't make the undercards and non-superstar fights super weak as they did in UFC 79.

Edit: Big Nog via armbar (I'm going there)
    Forrest Griffin by UD
    Silva by hanging Rampage on the cage
    I'm going with Big Nog via total destruction. Mir hasn't been the same since his accident.
    Griffin by UD is acceptable, because I don't think that Sugar's whole knock him out deal won't work with Griffin, given that Rampage hits far harder and he couldn't do it.
    Silva will hopefully destroy Rampage and we'll never see him again, because Jackson annoys me.
    A. Silva probably won't be on it, because Cote is going to KO him this weekend.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You really think Cote's gonna win huh?
    I'll give him enough credit that he's not a dumbass and not going to get completely destroyed, I mean he is training with GSP so they're gonna have a good game plan. I think he's planning to get a ground and pound stoppage. Problem is, Anderson Silva lasted for pretty much an entire round under Dan Henderson, and Cote will never even be close to as dangerous as Hendo is, especially in top position.
    So here's what I see happening. Cote will first try and stand with Silva, like he promised. After quickly realizing he is completely outclassed, he'll shoot in for the take down. With Silva's garbage TD defense he'll probably get it, Silva will pull guard. From there it's either Silva submitting him from the bottom, sweeping him and getting a TKO by ground and pound, or neutralizing any damage Cote hopes to do until the end of the round.
    If it makes it to round 2, Silva will come out pissed and quickly finish the fight, as he usually does when fights make it to the second round.

Annnnnnnnnnyway. Big Nog via submission, Forrest Griffin by UD or submission(if Rashad tries to wrestle him), Rampage by KO. The Rampage v. Wandy fight is pretty much impossible to call. On one hand you have Wand, who looked good against Chuck Liddell but not really too great and then knocked out The Dean of Inconsistancy Jardine. Then you have Rampage, who has looked amazing in his past fights, but who knows how he was affected by the whole road rage thing. I think Rampage is gonna come back with all his rage from losing the title and knock Wandy the fuck out. I hope I'm wrong though, I'd love to see Forrest v. W.Silva.
    Last edited by DaiTengu; 02-06-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: CD Cleanup 2012

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm thinking Cote by surprise KO. It's a long shot, but that's the way I see things working out. Cote has some very heavy hands.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We'll see this week I guess. I really doubt the man who completely destroyed Rich Franklin in his prime(twice) and TKO'd Hendo is going to get knocked out by someone like Cote.
    I'm more interested in Alves v. Koscheck. Koscheck by ground and pound. It's also gonna be interesting to see how the fans react to him. What he did on TUF was pretty horrible, but he's matured a lot as a fighter and I think a person, I think he's redeemed himself.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well Cote better win because I have a sig bet on him, and you take that back about Ace. He's undefeated in my eyes.

Am I the only one that would love to see Franklin/Silva at 205?

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think I could take seeing Franklin tooled like that again lol. But I think Franklin is going to beat Hendo in his next fight, and after that he'll have to deal with Bisbing(hahahahahahaha). Silva's got 6 fights left before he retires, I think it would be pretty fitting to have his last fight Silva v. Franklin III for the MW title. That is, if Maia doesn't take it from him first.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well Franklin is still by far the second best MW, it's just that.....as much as I hate to say it, Silva is better.

Bisping won't last one round with Rich Franklin. I think at 205 Franklin would beat Silva.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think the different weight classes would really make a difference at all. If Rich strings together some good fights and shows he hasn't been broken by Silva, a third fight with him would be awesome. He would definitely stand a much better chance this time. I think after the first lose, he had the "it was a fluke" mentality and his head wasn't in the right place. Another fight would bring fireworks, no doubt. Although it would make me sad to see him get caught in a clinch again, hopefully next time he'll take it to the ground.
    Still, as much as I hate to say it Silva is just a better version of Franklin. Franklin is known for his crisp, powerful striking along with slick submissions and even slicker submission defense. Silva has faster, more powerful striking, and a black belt from the Noguiera brothers in BJJ. Franklin needs to come up with a really, really good game plan if he hopes to beat Silva.