Thread: Iron Man 2

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Iron Man 2

Ho-lee Shit!

This flick was quite awesome. Personally, I think the story was better than the first.

If you go see it, be sure to stick around after the credits. It's nothing you already don't know, but it's still pretty cool

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

whattttttttttttttt

it was pretty bad

it was cheap and dull, the characters were flat and the dialogue had none of the energy and jazz of the first movie, and the story was less plausible than it tried to be. the action sequences were disappointing and the story was pretty obvious at every turn.

edit: and i went in hoping to be impressed, too

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not ever film needs to be an M. Night Shyamalan or JJ Abrams story. I found myself enjoying the film, not trying to figure out what was going to happen next.

If you're going to a movie to be teased, or if you want something cerebral, action flicks like this are not for you.

Tony Stark was more flat and un-emotional for a reason, and I thought everyone could see that. I was a little disappointed at Mickey Rourke's acting, but I thought Sam Rockwell made up for it. Besides, I never was a huge fan of Mickey Rourke.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you can't say that action movies are not for me if i want an engaging story, because there are tonnes of great action movies that do satisfy that criterion. (for instance, iron man 1.)

there's acting flat and unemotional, and there's phoning it in because the script is poor. this was the latter.

and mickey rourke is just infinitely off-putting

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

also, i love him as an actor, but don cheadle's rhodey was fucking BORING. i mean he was a complete non-character. the rhodey from the first movie was interesting, but i can understand the reason he was canned (reportedly the actor got more for that movie than ANYONE ELSE in the cast, including robert downey jr).

Credits
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    also, i love him as an actor, but don cheadle's rhodey was fucking BORING. i mean he was a complete non-character. the rhodey from the first movie was interesting, but i can understand the reason he was canned (reportedly the actor got more for that movie than ANYONE ELSE in the cast, including robert downey jr).
    Yep, and then demanded even more for the second movie.

Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaiTengu View Post
    Yep, and then demanded even more for the second movie.
    yeah. i mean i'm not saying they shouldn't have fired him (what a jackass) but they could've written rhodey 2.0 a fuckload better and given an actor as good as cheadle something to work with

the eagle
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought Cheadle was good. As was Rockwell, even though he wasn't really given a whole lot to do.

My problem with the movie is that I know Stark is dying. The audience knows. No one else in the movie does, though. So it's tough to gauge how we, as the audience, are to react because the Stark that we know has always acted kind of drunk and kind of looney. He isn't an established enough character to be acting out of character - the Stark birthday party was supposed to show us how over the edge he's gone, but he's never really been on the edge, so to speak. At the end, when Pepper found he was dying - that was great. The dialouge there was snappy and fantastic, and I felt bad for her because she was kept out of the loop, but there was no sympathy for Stark in the movie. He came across as more whiny than anything else. I do love RDJr, though, and thought he was good, but too high spirited for a guy that was supposed to be coming to grips with his impending death. There were a few scenes where the true gravity of the situation came across, namely after Monaco when he asks Pepper to go to Venice with him, but outside of that, we're given no vulnerability. And because Stark being near death is essentially the meat of the movie, it comes across as shallow.