Thread: coq's random music thread

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default coq's random music thread

Here is one my my guitar heroes, Antoine Dufour, who covered Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek (that mmm whacha saay? song) on his guitar. Turns out he recorded it listening to the song, and someone put the cover over the original and they matched up almost perfectly, and I was surprised by how well they worked together. the cover on its own is a little boring and I could never stomach the original, but the guitar really fills out the sound left over by whatever she's doing with her voice.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that was sublime

it would be even further under lime if i were stoned

(or so i gather from those that have actually ever been stoned )

PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keeping in line with the trend of inaccessible (read:boring) acoustic guitar music, here is a sample of some Ewan Dobson. He's an exceptionally talented player with fantastic technique, although the composition is pretty much what I expect from this kind of musician - for the most part, it's a masturbatory exercise with technique. What makes this guy stand out to me is that fact that he's clearly played too many video games as a kid.

Over half his songs wouldn't sound out of place on a side-scrolling hack n slash for a game straight out of the 80's, and he manages to accomplish this entirely on his own. This alone makes him stand out in my books. For fuck's sake, one of his songs is actually called Level 5. I also recommend his cover of the Tetris theme song (Korobeiniki), for obvious reasons, and his Paganini Caprice #5 for his costume.

This is Through the Roof

Yes, the video is as seizure inducing as it seems. I'm 90% certain he ran windows media player for his backround. Well, it probably would have been better if he did because nothing's in sync anyways.
    Last edited by coqauvin; 05-19-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hooray for canadian music!

here is Radio Radio's song 'Jacuzzi'. This band was on the Polaris shortlist and this song is fucking hilarious* so clearly i recommend it to pretty much everyone i see.

*provided you understand french

Last edited by coqauvin; 11-20-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    yeah obviously we'd all suck our alternate universe dicks there was never any question about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear
    I don't know if Obama did anything to make that happen, but I do know that he didn't do anything to stop me from blaming him.

Credits
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Antoine Dufour is one of my favourite boring acoustic poppin' and slappin' finger tappin' gurus, I assume you are also aware of Andy McKee.
    Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    I'm not adopting for the same reason i don't buy the floor model at Ikea.
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Because unclean people will have touched the floor model and assembling your own furniture is its own reward

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

of course.

Ebon Coast is my favourite fingerstyle song ever. I never really got into Drifting, though. Thomas Leeb is also really good with his solo acoustic arrangements. Here's No Woman, No Cry

and an original called Desert Pirate

Last edited by coqauvin; 11-20-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    yeah obviously we'd all suck our alternate universe dicks there was never any question about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear
    I don't know if Obama did anything to make that happen, but I do know that he didn't do anything to stop me from blaming him.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=coqauvin;194116]of course.

Ebon Coast is my favourite fingerstyle song ever. I never really got into Drifting, though. Thomas Leeb is also really good with his solo acoustic arrangements. Here's No Woman, No Cry

This guy is damn good. I enjoyed this.