View Poll Results: Just how nutty is your boss?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Incompetent

6 42.86%
  • Unable to make a desicion

6 42.86%
  • Scared of confrontation

7 50.00%
  • A back stabber

5 35.71%
  • A liar

5 35.71%
  • Bipolar

4 28.57%
  • Deranged

5 35.71%
  • A butt kisser

3 21.43%
  • A fry short of a happy meal

4 28.57%
  • All of the above

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: [Poll] For ppl who hate their boss..

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [Poll] For ppl who hate their boss..

Tell us about your boss..
    Last edited by HopeYouDie; 10-24-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My last boss.

Our stores code of conduct was to offer the customer outstanding service, to always look like we're on top form and to offer them quick service.

I had a customer whom was requesting a discount code, all of which are in this huge folder, literally like 1000 pages and organized awfully) This folder is behind the counter, which she was stood behind. So on simply asking for a discount code (which she knew by heart) in front of my customer she snaps at me "how do we find out?" *sigh* "Looking in the book.." "Well then do it." So I spend 5 minutes finding this code, which she could have told me in 2 seconds, and finally got the customer sorted, they didn't look too pleased about the whole ordeal.

Now, at our store, we operated what was called "fearless feedback" This is the openness of speech to your colleagues and highers, to confront problems you might have with anything or anyone. I could only assume that it was fair for me to ask if I could speak to her, which she allowed. I said to her "I do not wish to question your management style, but when you interviewed me, I was told that we offer outstanding service, and get the customer through their service as quickly as possible. You could have very easily told me that code, and while I agree that it's good to work for myself and find the code, if you're right there, and it's obviously going to take forever to find, surely it'd be beneficial to the customer, and make our company look better when you're willing to help staff and customers.
    To which she replied, "There are many people waiting for your job, if you don't like the way I work, then someone else certainly will." "Well then let them have my job, I can't work for a company where the managers are hypocritical to something they make such a huge point of pushing on the staff".

Needless to say I no longer work there, and Sharelle, if ever you read this, you are a cunt.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My current boss is awesome. I have the easiest job and she works around my class schedule so its all good.

My last boss was great- it was my uncle and I didn't really do shit.

My boss before that was a dick face. After I quit, he wouldn't give my last check. He would play the "Oh its here" and I would go there and it mysteriously would be missing and that lasted a month until I brought a guy with me and then my check magically reappeared. Fuck that jerk.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My ex boss was an incompetent idiot and the new boss is a cunt and I could have easily kicked his head in (it's what he deserved). I'm not going to go into it in case he / someone I work with stumbles across this post and I lose my job.

Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would vote in this poll but I don't hate my boss

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My uncle is my boss.. and he's the big boss for our division of the Store chain I work for. Doesn't mean I get special treatment or anything, but he's not very demanding at all. I like my job.

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well it's generally not too hard to either take your bosses job or play golf with him and get him to like you.

Try one of those instead of pushing the whole hate agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toki
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    Well it's generally not too hard to either take your bosses job or play golf with him and get him to like you.

Try one of those instead of pushing the whole hate agenda.
    I don't hate my boss and I have a fairly easy job as well.. However my boss is scared of confrontation and gets all defensive and crap when confronted. Imho ppl like that have no business in managment..

I loves sausage festival! djwolford's Avatar
    Credits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You make a valid point. Try mentoring him.
    Oh, gives to me opposites werewolves that turns to humans whens the moons comes outs!
    We's not goes downs that dusty roads again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Toki is that straight vadka? It's not even noon...

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm my own boss. Kind of like KT except with active clients. My penis and I love our boss.

Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bifford View Post
    I'm my own boss. Kind of like KT except with active clients. My penis and I love our boss.
    No your boss is your wife with her strap on

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My last boss was god awful. He was a liar and a cheapskate and everything bad you can think of.

He loved pinching pennies, so when it came to overtime, he regularly cheated people of their hours. With our system the managers can go online and manually edit the hours, so he would skimp an hour or two off of everyone's overtime every week to make our checks significantly smaller. There was one case where a whole department went up to him and threatened to smash his face in if he didn't change it because it was hundreds of dollars' worth of hours.

He micro-managed every department. I didn't even see why we had supervisors, because he was always over riding what they had to say.

He would hire new employees for departments without discussing it with that department's supervisor first. He hired a new supervisor because he knew his dad. Now that supervisor that he hired is fucking everything up in his department and the manager refuses to fire him because he was the one that hired him, so if he fired him it would make him look bad and show that he was wrong. So instead he keeps this shitty supervisor that can't do his job.

He hires illegal mexicans to work in the kitchen and wardrobe departments and pays them more than some of the other employees and tells us to keep quiet about it.

I could keep going, but I have to stop myself. Basically never ever work for Medieval Times. It's a shitty corporation where every job is a dead end job.

BANNED
    Credits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bifford View Post
    hey! I have active clients, just not that many.