Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Anyone know how to kill an LCD?

  1. #1
    sponge sponge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    sponge
    Posts
    3,783
    Credits
    644
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Anyone know how to kill an LCD?

    Long story short, our office's "administrative assistant" (also, "director's pet") decided to give some new hire dual monitors, and when the new monitor and the old monitor didn't aesthetically match, she had the tech take the shitty old one and replace one of our student workstation monitors with it, and take the nice one we had (coincidentally it was truly the only nice piece of technology we had). Honestly it beats the living fuck out of me why this new person needs dual monitors when she puts off a definite aura of knowing nothing about using a computer and hasn't done shit in just over a week of being here, training be damned. But I digress.

    As I mentioned, that monitor was the only nice piece of computing equipment we had. We are also paid minimum wage and are generally pissed upon by both our supervisors (which on average have less education than we do, as undergrads), but this kinda feels like a Milton moment: that monitor was the only one where I could actually use a readable TN3270 and another program at the same time, so enough is enough. Let us not forget that the Viewsonic we inherited has something the looks like horrible EMI which should be nice and miserable.

    Anyway, I want to kill it. Literally. But I can't leave a trace, and our workstations are more or less out in the open, so it's got to be discreet. So, ideas? Blunt trauma is obviously out of the question, as is any disassembling. Taping the air vents is one possibility, as is some sort of non-water short out, but I'd prefer not to start any fires or electrocute myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

  2. #2
    =========== KT.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    9,109
    Credits
    2,829
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Direct pressure to the LCD screen will cause the thin layers of glass in the monitor to crack, thus damaging the screen. You can probably damage most of the screen without leaving any noticeable physical damage.
    Last edited by KT.; 01-14-2009 at 09:42 PM.

  3. #3
    Strangle Hazard thank mr skeltal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    5,339
    Credits
    6,184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Direct pressure to the LCD screen will cause the thin layers of glass in the monitor to crack, thus damaging the screen. You can probably damage most of the screen without leaving any noticeable physical damage.
    Don't leave fingerprints though!

  4. #4
    I killed Tupac Shinysides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,139
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I think that LCD monitors are vulnerable to baseball bats. But that may be only during a full moon. And the bat must be made of solid gold. Preferably white gold.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    405
    Credits
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    magnets.

  6. #6
    =========== KT.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    9,109
    Credits
    2,829
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    magnets.
    Magnets don't affect LCD monitors.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Nick2.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Credits
    1,359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Use a taser to the AC input.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ephekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    230
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Direct pressure to the LCD screen will cause the thin layers of glass in the monitor to crack, thus damaging the screen. You can probably damage most of the screen without leaving any noticeable physical damage.
    This is pretty clever. So clever, in fact, that anyone with a brain will immediately realize what's been done.

    Don't try this unless you want to get fired.

    Actually, OP, why don't you just act like an adult rather than pulling this passive aggressive bullshit?

  9. #9
    I toast to fat bitches Harner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    451
    Credits
    674
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ephekt View Post
    Actually, OP, why don't you just act like an adult rather than pulling this passive aggressive bullshit?


    Exactly. Why don't you talk to your supervisor about it instead of crying on CD to a bunch of people who don't care.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Killuminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,933
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Maybe you should get a better job where you aren't treated like shit making minimum wage. Once you do that you can complain about something as trivial as your monitor.

  11. #11
    sponge sponge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    sponge
    Posts
    3,783
    Credits
    644
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ephekt View Post
    This is pretty clever. So clever, in fact, that anyone with a brain will immediately realize what's been done.

    Don't try this unless you want to get fired.

    Actually, OP, why don't you just act like an adult rather than pulling this passive aggressive bullshit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harner View Post


    Exactly. Why don't you talk to your supervisor about it instead of crying on CD to a bunch of people who don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    Maybe you should get a better job where you aren't treated like shit making minimum wage. Once you do that you can complain about something as trivial as your monitor.
    I don't suppose naysayers have noticed the job market recently, hiring freezes are abound.

    Oh and my supervisor already thinks I'm a prick so that's out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

  12. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,922
    Credits
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Just because you can't find another job doesn't give you the right to be a douche.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sir Bifford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's like a burger flipper at McDonalds trying to break the fryer because he was passed up in a promotion to work the drive through window.

  14. #14
    =========== KT.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    9,109
    Credits
    2,829
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Sponge, so I'm curious if you've killed the monitor yet. I say do it!

  15. #15
    Senior Member SuBw00FeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Stab it.

    With a baseball bat. The supervisor I mean.

  16. #16
    Why so delirious?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    161
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I say you empty your ass all over it. After this jizz on it. If this doesn't work to destroy the monitor, I bet your boss will at least then think you're fucked up enough to where he'll give you what you want so as not to get on your bad side.

  17. #17
    Superfly Pepsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in your pants.
    Posts
    7,932
    Credits
    531
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnreasonablyReasonable View Post
    I say you empty your ass all over it. After this jizz on it. If this doesn't work to destroy the monitor, I bet your boss will at least then think you're fucked up enough to where he'll give you what you want so as not to get on your bad side.
    You should empty your ass and jizz on that post.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

    it's in the CD charter

  18. #18
    Senior Member ephekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    230
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    I don't suppose naysayers have noticed the job market recently, hiring freezes are abound.
    You're right, I haven't; I have a career. That's no excuse for acting like a child though.

    Furthermore, your logic is lacking as intentionally breaking company property could very well get you fired. hurr

  19. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,922
    Credits
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's flawless logic, we all know the best thing to do when it's hard to find a job, is try to lose your current job in childish vandalization!

    Sponge, what is your degree in? I have a hard time believing that someone with an Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree would be working for minimum wage, hell, alot of positions in Wal-Mart and Target pay more than minimum wage, even if only by a dollar/hr.

  20. #20
    =========== KT.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    9,109
    Credits
    2,829
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    SPONGE, Don't listen to them. Your only option is to destroy the monitor to teach that bitch a lesson. DO IT.

  21. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    delta quadrant
    Posts
    492
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You should totally write a letter.

    Write a letter to Jessie.

    Jessie Jackson ..

    He'll help you out..

  22. #22
    Superfly Pepsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in your pants.
    Posts
    7,932
    Credits
    531
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Jesse.

    Just sayin'.
    I hear the voices inside my head. They counsel me. They understand. They talk to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    You know, when Tidus points out that you have failed at internetting, it's probably time to go ahead and off yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    pepsi reserves the right to tell cryptic to get out at any time

    it's in the CD charter

  23. #23
    Senior Member srsinternets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    864
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    It's flawless logic, we all know the best thing to do when it's hard to find a job, is try to lose your current job in childish vandalization!

    Sponge, what is your degree in? I have a hard time believing that someone with an Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree would be working for minimum wage, hell, alot of positions in Wal-Mart and Target pay more than minimum wage, even if only by a dollar/hr.
    Fuck, I get paid $13.50/hr at US Cellular for a job that I taught myself to do, and that requires no prior experience nor a degree or certificate of any sort.

  24. #24
    Why so delirious?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    161
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    You should empty your ass and jizz on that post.
    How could that work.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Rainmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    216
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Dry Ice.

  26. #26
    I toast to fat bitches Harner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    451
    Credits
    674
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srsinternets View Post
    Fuck, I get paid $13.50/hr at US Cellular for a job that I taught myself to do, and that requires no prior experience nor a degree or certificate of any sort.
    Is that good?

  27. #27
    Senior Member ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,764
    Credits
    228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harner View Post
    Is that good?
    He never said it was good, he was comparing it to sponge's situation.

  28. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,922
    Credits
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Outside of factory/union/construction labor, making 13 bucks an hour with a high school education is excellent.

  29. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    delta quadrant
    Posts
    492
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    yea, so.. now that we got that settled....
    did you write jesse?

  30. #30
    sponge sponge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    sponge
    Posts
    3,783
    Credits
    644
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTroy View Post
    It's flawless logic, we all know the best thing to do when it's hard to find a job, is try to lose your current job in childish vandalization!

    Sponge, what is your degree in? I have a hard time believing that someone with an Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree would be working for minimum wage, hell, alot of positions in Wal-Mart and Target pay more than minimum wage, even if only by a dollar/hr.
    Uh well I am a student hence no degree yet.
    Best advice as of yet has been that when I'm long gone after graduation my boss will still be there being mediocre, that made me chuckle inside.

    Anyway one of my boss' pets whined about it and the situation was miraculously solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    scarf wasn't man enough to do it so queendork pushed herself down the stairs.

  31. #31
    ..a friend of the devil..
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9
    Credits
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Should have just taken a power cord, stripped the insulation, switched the ground and power, and blown the shit out of the monitor by plugging it straight into the wall.

    You're still a moron.

Similar Threads

  1. ITT you kill David.
    By Atomic in forum Casual Intercourse
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •