Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 60

Thread: One Town's War on Gay Teens

  1. #1
    mutton mutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,707
    Credits
    2,326
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default One Town's War on Gay Teens

    In Michele Bachmann's home district, evangelicals have created an extreme anti-gay climate. After a rash of suicides, the kids are fighting back.

    [...]

    The policy became unofficially known as "No Homo Promo" and passed unannounced to parents and unpublished in the policy handbooks; most teachers were told about it by their principals.

    [...]

    After Dylon was hit in the head with a binder and called "fag," the associate principal told Dylon that since there was no proof of the incident she could take no action. By contrast, Dylon and others saw how the same teachers who ignored anti-gay insults were quick to reprimand kids who uttered racial slurs. It further reinforced the message resonating throughout the district: Gay kids simply didn't deserve protection.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...teens-20120202
    Last edited by mutton; 02-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.

  2. #2
    λεγιων ονομα μοι sycld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,570
    Credits
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Oh my God. It's insane how evil people can be towards those they hate, and amazing how passive and indifferent people can become when pressed just a little bit by evil men.


    PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

  3. #3
    Sexual Deviant Vengeful Scars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My Ass
    Posts
    6,588
    Credits
    399
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    gay people don't really count as people though sycld.
    lik dis if u cry evertim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    Oh I was expecting a guide to making meth

  4. #4
    i got colours WellAdjusted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,840
    Credits
    1,220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    People are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    I got bitten by a kitten once
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori_Everything View Post
    It hurts my brain.

  5. #5
    λεγιων ονομα μοι sycld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,570
    Credits
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful Scars View Post
    gay people don't really count as people though sycld.
    I was talking about the evil gays/straight people taunted for being gay, trying to corrupt the pure Christians by killing themselves and getting syyympathy.

    THERE'S NOTHING IN THE GOSPELS THAT'S ABOUT MERCY OR NON-CONDEMNATION


    PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

  6. #6
    look, it's a victrola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,358
    Credits
    681
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    There's plenty about other subjects like

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 38:8-10
    Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.
    quotes from the internet

  7. #7
    λεγιων ονομα μοι sycld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10,570
    Credits
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm 137:9
    Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!
    http://bible.cc/psalms/137-9.htm

    Concordance: 138 Crushing Dashed Dashes Dasheth David Happiness Happy Infants O Ones Psalm Rock Rocks Seize Seizes Stones Sucklings Takes Taketh


    PANDAS
    If you don't like them, then get the fuck out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Atheists are quite right

  8. #8
    Senior Member DAVIDSDIVAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    657
    Credits
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    >racism
    >hatred against homosexuals
    >equal

    LOL

  9. #9
    feel like funkin' it up gwahir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    6,539
    Credits
    2,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSDIVAD View Post
    >racism
    >hatred against homosexuals
    >equal

    LOL
    are they not?

  10. #10
    A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,863
    Credits
    3,041
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I read this article earlier and was very disgusted. This brings back memories from high school back in 2003-04 when there was a Gay Straight Alliance that was shutdown by the school administration. I don't know if a school can still do that. I think homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgenderism and the awareness of how common those lifestyles have always been that a place of learning should have nothing to fear from a student formed organization. In regards to Sarah Palin, she's so dumb and a product of lack of intelligence and party politics.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

  11. #11
    Senior Member DAVIDSDIVAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    657
    Credits
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwahir View Post
    are they not?
    No, no they're not.
    The civil rights in question for the respective groups are as different as the groups themselves. Equating the hatred of LGBT individuals to racism just serves to endear those who are uneducated or sit on the fence concerning issues like gay marriage.

    EDIT: It's largely the same reason many people will become indignant if someone suggests that homosexuals aren't born gay, or that homosexuality is a choice. I find that ridiculous.
    WARNING WARNING I'M DIGRESSING: A group of people should have the same rights irrespective of whether their group chooses to be a group or if they're born into it, no?
    Last edited by DAVIDSDIVAD; 03-05-2012 at 04:49 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Hippocrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,274
    Credits
    1,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    no.
    If I choose to join the KKK does give me a right to lynch black people?
    After all it's not my fault the KKK hates black people enough to kill them, you're just a bigot
    oh

  13. #13
    Senior Member DAVIDSDIVAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    657
    Credits
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hippocrass View Post
    no.
    If I choose to join the KKK does give me a right to lynch black people?
    After all it's not my fault the KKK hates black people enough to kill them, you're just a bigot
    strawman fallacy.
    Everyone recognizes that the most basic concept of rights means that yours end where mine begin.
    Thus, anything that infringes on the rights of another is not a right. It's not that difficult of a concept.

    Anyway, no, but you have the right to join and feel what you will.

  14. #14
    Band simonj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Thicket of Solitude
    Posts
    9,881
    Credits
    1,615
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Somebody ban him for trolling? Because it has to be trolling, it really does.
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    simonj can be a real dick sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    I CAN'T LABI-STRETCH SIMONJ

  15. #15
    Senior Member Hippocrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,274
    Credits
    1,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Who? Me or Daviwhatever
    oh

  16. #16
    Band simonj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Thicket of Solitude
    Posts
    9,881
    Credits
    1,615
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    davidsidadouche
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    simonj can be a real dick sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    I CAN'T LABI-STRETCH SIMONJ

  17. #17
    Senior Member Hippocrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,274
    Credits
    1,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Oh.
    Because I was totes trollin'
    oh

  18. #18
    A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,863
    Credits
    3,041
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSDIVAD View Post
    strawman fallacy.
    Everyone recognizes that the most basic concept of rights means that yours end where mine begin.
    Thus, anything that infringes on the rights of another is not a right. It's not that difficult of a concept.

    Anyway, no, but you have the right to join and feel what you will.
    But they don't have the right to discriminate if it infringes on someone's rights, right?

    I don't remember seeing racism mentioned in the article in correlation to the LGBT group's treatment. They're just being discriminated by ideologic ignoramuses thanks to the misguided influence of religion and Sarah Palin's fervor.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

  19. #19
    Senior Member DAVIDSDIVAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    657
    Credits
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Somebody ban him for trolling? Because it has to be trolling, it really does.
    What are you talking about? I'm discussing why those who try to relate the LGBT movement to civil rights movements centered around racism are wrong, and why it cheapens the victories gay teens in America have fought so hard for. The kids in that town deserve to be respected and treated well because they're human beings with rights, not because some ill advised supporter of their movement tried to take the easy way and piggy back the issue onto racism. It seems to me you're just another pants on head, consensus needing ignoramus with no real critical thinking skills.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Pino Rage View Post
    But they don't have the right to discriminate if it infringes on someone's rights, right? I don't remember seeing racism mentioned in the article in correlation to the LGBT group's treatment. They're just being discriminated by ideologic ignoramuses thanks to the misguided influence of religion and Sarah Palin's fervor.
    No, they don't have the right to discriminate against them. Where are you even coming from?
    You should probably work on your reading comprehension.

  20. #20
    Band simonj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Thicket of Solitude
    Posts
    9,881
    Credits
    1,615
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSDIVAD View Post
    The kids in that town deserve to be respected and treated well because they're human beings with rights, not because some ill advised supporter of their movement tried to take the easy way and piggy back the issue onto racism..
    Are you completely stupid or just trying to make some weird point that isn't coming across?

    Of course the kids in that town deserve to be treated as human beings because they're human beings. That is also why black people etc. deserve to be treated as human beings. How can you not see how it's similar to civil rights issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    simonj can be a real dick sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    I CAN'T LABI-STRETCH SIMONJ

  21. #21
    A very manly muppet Mad Pino Rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,863
    Credits
    3,041
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSDIVAD View Post
    No, they don't have the right to discriminate against them. Where are you even coming from? You should probably work on your reading comprehension.
    They don't have the right to discriminate against the LGBT community. People shouldn't be treated differently based on their sexual orientation. That's where I'm coming from.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
    Albert Einstein

  22. #22
    feel like funkin' it up gwahir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    6,539
    Credits
    2,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    it is similar to civil rights not because gays are experiencing racial discrimination (they're obviously not) but because they are experiencing discrimination.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Nermy2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,573
    Credits
    3,826
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    yeah but it's different because blacks are property and US law is meant to protect property not human rights
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    atmosfear did you suck gina's dick
    Quote Originally Posted by atmosfear View Post
    fuck yes.

  24. #24
    Senior Member DAVIDSDIVAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    657
    Credits
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Are you completely stupid or just trying to make some weird point that isn't coming across? Of course the kids in that town deserve to be treated as human beings because they're human beings. That is also why black people etc. deserve to be treated as human beings. How can you not see how it's similar to civil rights issues?
    Let me spell it out for you:

    Not defending something based on its own intrinsic value, and attempting to use other issues to validate what you're defending is bad. it's no no.


    Also, everyone knows that there is a high incidence of homosexual discrimination within the black community, so for you to say that is just extremely insensitive.

  25. #25
    ))) joke, relax ;) coqauvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the shwiggity
    Posts
    9,397
    Credits
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    or they're drawing a relatively accurate parallel between symptoms in both cases
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    yeah obviously we'd all suck our alternate universe dicks there was never any question about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear
    I don't know if Obama did anything to make that happen, but I do know that he didn't do anything to stop me from blaming him.

  26. #26
    Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,675
    Credits
    1,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Someone just save me some time. Can I discriminate against fat people or not?
    mutton

    RIP hydro

  27. #27
    ))) joke, relax ;) coqauvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the shwiggity
    Posts
    9,397
    Credits
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    yes because they're not human
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    yeah obviously we'd all suck our alternate universe dicks there was never any question about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear
    I don't know if Obama did anything to make that happen, but I do know that he didn't do anything to stop me from blaming him.

  28. #28
    Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,675
    Credits
    1,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Because they chose to be revolting?
    mutton

    RIP hydro

  29. #29
    ))) joke, relax ;) coqauvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the shwiggity
    Posts
    9,397
    Credits
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    being fat is not a choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    yeah obviously we'd all suck our alternate universe dicks there was never any question about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear
    I don't know if Obama did anything to make that happen, but I do know that he didn't do anything to stop me from blaming him.

  30. #30
    ))) joke, relax ;) coqauvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the shwiggity
    Posts
    9,397
    Credits
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    fat rights 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermy2k View Post
    yeah obviously we'd all suck our alternate universe dicks there was never any question about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear
    I don't know if Obama did anything to make that happen, but I do know that he didn't do anything to stop me from blaming him.

  31. #31
    Band simonj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Thicket of Solitude
    Posts
    9,881
    Credits
    1,615
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    phat rights 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    simonj can be a real dick sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    I CAN'T LABI-STRETCH SIMONJ

  32. #32
    calmer than you are dude
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    477
    Credits
    627
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coqauvin View Post
    or they're drawing a relatively accurate parallel between symptoms in both cases
    one time i was discriminated against because i didn't have the money to buy a sandwich.

    he was letting the people with money buy sandwiches, but just because i was born without money, he was discriminating me!!!! i didn't choose to be poor!!!!!!1111

  33. #33
    Band simonj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Thicket of Solitude
    Posts
    9,881
    Credits
    1,615
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Are you really insinuating that people choose to be gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by KT. View Post
    simonj can be a real dick sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    I CAN'T LABI-STRETCH SIMONJ

  34. #34
    Senior Member Hippocrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,274
    Credits
    1,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I think he's insinuating that gays choose to stick their penises in other gay's asses and therefore deserve to discriminated against.
    But then that's what I always interpret dl as saying.
    oh

  35. #35
    feel like funkin' it up gwahir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    6,539
    Credits
    2,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    i think he's making the point that discrimination is a natural process of society and choosing or not to be in a discriminated-against group (eg gay, black, poor) isn't a philosophically relevant factor in the rightness or wrongness of discrimination

    so you don't choose to be poor, but it's still acceptable to discriminate based on wealth (it is how capitalism works after all)

    likewise you don't choose to be gay but for some reason it's still not comparable to discrimination against blacks

    it's hard to tell if i'm on the money or not

  36. #36
    Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,675
    Credits
    1,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Well if it isn't a choice, there must be a genetic basis.

    And if there is a genetic basis, then...
    mutton

    RIP hydro

  37. #37
    Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,675
    Credits
    1,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    (we can fix them. then we can fix them.)
    mutton

    RIP hydro

  38. #38
    feel like funkin' it up gwahir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    6,539
    Credits
    2,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
    Well if it isn't a choice, there must be a genetic basis.
    i can't tell if you meant this seriously but that is not a logical follow-on

  39. #39
    Merry fucking Christmas Atmosfear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,675
    Credits
    1,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's not a logical follow-on unless you have no meaningful science education, or would like to imply homosexuality it a disease, disorder, or similar defect. Since the gay community will not allow the latter...
    mutton

    RIP hydro

  40. #40
    feel like funkin' it up gwahir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    6,539
    Credits
    2,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    why are you talking like the nature vs nurture debate is closed?

    i mean, yes, it is pretty much a decided fact that gayness is biological, but everything isn't EITHER biological OR a choice.

Similar Threads

  1. Dates in a small town
    By Anonymous in forum Personal Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 10:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •