Breaking News: Shortly after winning his 9th consecutive BCS Title, Coach Atmosfear announced his plans to leave his job as Head Coach of his alma mater, the University of Jorja. After receiving an offer from literally every team in the country, he narrowed his options down to five top schools: Wyoming, Rice, Tulane, Army, and San Jose State. In a nationally televised press conference rivaling only LeBron James' "The Decision" for senseless egotism, Coach Atmosfear announced he will be bringing his 126-0 career coaching record (63-0 vs ranked opponents) to Tulane, a 1-star program from Conference USA that hasn't won a conference title since 1998.

Though Tulane finished the 2018 season 8-5, the program jumped at the chance to hire a legendary coach such as Atmosfear. Analysts widely consider Tulane to be one of the worst programs in the country, as they are rated an overall D, receiving a D for offense and a D+ for defense. Atmosfear will inherit the #98 recruiting class in the country this year, including only two players rated 3-stars by ESPN. By comparison, he left behind the #1 rated class at Jorja (10 5-stars, 12 4-stars, 20 ESPN Top 150) with established pipelines in the states of California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.

Coach Atmosfear had reportedly felt "bored" with his job at the University of Jorja, and had told the administration that he would not be signing a contract extension as early as 2017. At his press conference, he mentioned his excitement to contribute to a new tradition at Tulane, which was a founding member of the Southeastern Conference and a perennial rival of LSU and Notre Dame in the first half of the 20th century. He mentioned the strength of its location (proximity to many of the pipeline states he dominated while at Jorja), Academic Prestige, and Campus Lifestyle. He noted that while Tulane did not have a strong reputation in Pro Potential, Coach Prestige, or Television Exposure, he felt he would be able to sell recruits on the strengths of the University while working with the administration to improve weaknesses. He also identified the possibility of moving the school to the SEC, potentially replacing Vanderbilt, which would make Tulane and Jorja annual opponents. Finally, he mentioned his excitement to play in the Lousiana Superdome, which would serve as a large venue for the program's soon-to-be growing fan base, which many competing universities could not provide.

Atmosfear has coached NCAA record holders for every major season and career statistic, as well as many single game statistics. He has coached a winner of each of the major postseason awards, except for the Tight End, Kicker, and Punter awards. Most recently, Jorja was honored with 8 first-team and 13 second-team All Americans, including their entire starting defensive line. His defense, which famously switched from a 3-4 to a Nickle-based 4-3 in 2016, has been top 10 in every major defensive statistic each of the past 5 years. Offensively, Coach Atmosfear has earned a reputation for running up the score, including a 120-0 drubbing of Vanderbilt at home in 2018. He will bring his playbook from Jorja, which is a blend of a pro-style run game and a spread-style 4-wide passing attack.

After announcing his acceptance of the Tulane job, Coach Atmosfear has been hot on the recruiting trail, closing out the 2018 recruiting class without much splash, but angling on 10 3-star recruits for his 2019 class, which he has dubbed "the turnaround class." His strategy thus far has been to heavily recruit the 10 3-stars on his board, but he intends to focus on establishing pipelines to Alabama and Florida later in the season to access more top talent for his 2020 campaign.

Coach Atmosfear has also cancelled all of Tulane's prior scheduling commitments, including road games at ranked teams Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Tech. He has instead elected to greatly weaken his strength of schedule in favor of maintaining his 126-game win streak, and will open against an FCS East opponent before playing the Akron Zips at home week 3.

Yep so basically after 9 seasons I'm switching schools in my NCAA 11 Dynasty. I thought it would be interesting to try to build up a 1-star program from a non-BCS conference since, frankly, my recruiting at UGA was so ridiculous that I was destroying the game's balance. Consecutive classes of 8+ 5-star recruits is just too much talent on one team... if I had starters rated under 90, it was only because their speed/acceleration was so high that I wanted them on the field, especially for WRs. The game actually started shifting top recruits out of my pipeline states, so that California, Texas, and Florida, which typically have 3 or more 5-stars each year, would get 1 or none, and states like Alabama would suddenly become hotbeds (and thus I would make them a pipeline.)

I'm going to post updates in this thread as the seasons progress. I won't win a National Championship for a year or maybe 2, but I'm trying to go undefeated and maintain my win streak and continue building Tulane into a 6 star program.